Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to try Brussel sprouts for Dinner....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to try Brussel sprouts for Dinner....

How should I make them as I have never had them but want to try them. Thanks in advance...
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

If you are thinking about grilling them wrap in bacon.. On the stove top cook several strips of bacon till crisp remove and crumble... Cut the sprouts in half or quarters and saute till in bacon grease they get a bit brown on the edges and add about a 1/3 cup of chicken broth... Toss the crumbled bacon back in and cover for about 10-15 minutes simmering.. S&P You should be good to go..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

What He Said^

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        If you are thinking about grilling them wrap in bacon.. On the stove top cook several strips of bacon till crisp remove and crumble... Cut the sprouts in half or quarters and saute till in bacon grease they get a bit brown on the edges and add about a 1/3 cup of chicken broth... Toss the crumbled bacon back in and cover for about 10-15 minutes simmering.. S&P You should be good to go..
        X2. Love them that way. Gonna bacon wrap and smoke some next weekend. Mmmm
        sigpic

Comment

I usually do them in the oven, 350 covered with some butter and/or olive oil, sometimes I throw in some chopped bacon or small whole mushrooms. I also like them with a can of cream of mushroom soup on them. I have also cut them in half drizzled with olive oil S & P and put on a cookie sheet in the oven. mmmm love me some sprouts.
          Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you only have today!

Comment

X2^^^ or you can sub any other smoked sausage like kielbasa or linguisa for the bacon.
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I love them plain jane just steam them until tender enough to mash with a fork then add butter and salt and pepper
              sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
              members mark upright propane smoker
              kingsford bbq
              23"weber kettle

Comment

Originally posted by Jimh View Post
                I love them plain jane just steam them until tender enough to mash with a fork then add butter and salt and pepper
                Thats killer too!
                sigpic

Comment

I made them on the grill, with a little EVO sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
                  God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                  Weber Performer Gold
                  Masterbuilt 26" twins
                  Brinkmann barrel smoker
                  LEM sausage stuffer
                  Cabela's pro HD grinder
                  Maverick ET-732
                  ThermoWorks Thermapen
                  GrillGrates

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
                    I made them on the grill, with a little EVO sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
                    And.......? Did you guys like them?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wife wouldn't eat them, I liked them. Found them a little nutty but very tasty, I am liking the bacon idea so next time I will try them like that...
                      Weber Performer Gold
                      Masterbuilt 26" twins
                      Brinkmann barrel smoker
                      LEM sausage stuffer
                      Cabela's pro HD grinder
                      Maverick ET-732
                      ThermoWorks Thermapen
                      GrillGrates

Comment

My wife didn't eat them EVER for almost 40 years and she wont try stuff "I" suggest she try. Then one of our friends made some one night and told her she should try them..... She liked them and the rest is history..... Same thing with ABT's?
                        sigpic

Comment

Try them with the bacon. Put a little shredded parmesan on the bacon before wrapping. Grill indirect. Make some garlic butter for dipping. Even got my nephews and grand kids to eat them this way. Hehe.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

I've only had them a couple ways and always forgot to save the recipes. My wife steams them and then coats with Italian dressing and parmesan. She never ate them until she met me and tried this recipe now she loves them. Gonna have to try Ken's way.
                            sigpic

Comment

The silver palate cookbooks have a recipe with maple syrup, Google it, it's a winner here!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X