Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings with Rhubarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings with Rhubarb

After getting home from up north last weekend, I discovered my rhubarb had gone crazy. So I picked a bunch. When deciding what to do with it, an idea popped into my head. Gave it a try last night. As I said this recipe is awesome as it is, but very sweet. Figured I'd cut back on the sugar next time. Rhubarb is tart, so left it alone.

Put 1 1/2 cups of sliced rhubarb on the bottom of the pan and followed the recipe. Was worried the rhubarb wouldn't be tender, so I baked it for 50 minutes. Came out great. Still plenty sweet and may add 2 cups rhubarb next time.

Thank you Becky for posting it. This stuff is unreal. Give it a try folks. Here's the original recipe in case you missed it.

2 whole Granny Smith Apples
    2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
    2 sticks Butter
    1-1/2 cup Sugar
    1 teaspoon Vanilla
    Cinnamon, To Taste
    1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.

Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Fricken yummy!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

gonna have to try that. We have 20 plants and they grew like crazy this year.
      sigpic

Comment

OMG !!!

I'd Love That !!!

My favorite pie has always been "Strawberry Rhubarb"!!!

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Wow! Totally missed this one, Ray! Love the addition of the rhubarb to the dumplings! Great job!
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...