cheesy scallopped real taters w pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheesy scallopped real taters w pics

made some a these at the iowa gathering, thought they went over pretty well as there wasnt much left over. i didnt really have a recipie but sorta threw it together on site and was hoping for the best. they turned out well and definatly be doing these again. it takes a while to smoke these till tender though so allow ample time. i had these coolered part time to keep warm and threw back in smoker to rewarm and get the cheese nice and bubbly again.

thinly sliced taters, this is one a those 13x9 or so foil pans, heaped.

chopped a large onion, one can each of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup, added about 1/3 can water to each can and shook to get the remaining soup from the cans, a bunch of chopped perfried bacon-not overly cooked, and CBP. mix the taters,onions, and the soups up a little bit. add the bacon a CBP to the top and to the smoker.

i put the taters under the kraut fatties i was smoking to catch some of the pork juices.

when taters tender, and i did mix them up a couple times, they are ready for the cheese.

i added the cheese. cheddar i used this time but i personally will use mozzerella next time. but i added a bunch, had to be about 3/4 inch thick of shredded. i guess i missed this pic but here it is all finished and ry to serve.

thks for cking my pics!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

WOW... This is a must do for me.. Looks like it will be really good... Thanks E!
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Man! That is just they way it's supposed to be done!....Nice!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

They were really good folks. Thanks for sharing how it was done Erain. I'll sure be making some in the future.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Erain, those look great

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give these a shot sometime, well soon
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

That looks great, my wife just wrote the recipe down, thanks for sharing,,,,,,

Comment

Those are some fine looking potatoes! Wonder how they'd be with a big sweet onion chopped up it with them.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                Those are some fine looking potatoes! Wonder how they'd be with a big sweet onion chopped up it with them.
                Reread it, there is onion in it. Lol.
                S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                New Braunfels Bandera
                UniFlame Gas Grill
                Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                  Reread it, there is onion in it. Lol.
                  Dammit! I read too fast. Anyway, great minds think alike.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

E,
                    Your taters came out perfect like usual... I can't get taters to work in the smoker to save my life... ARGH!! YUMMY stuff right there!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice spuds e.
                      SCOTT

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm, cheeeeeeesy. I like that. But I'm lactose intolerant. I made pizza burgers last night and during VBS had to run very carefully to the...........well you get the point. Had to do that 3 times during the adults lesson.
                        Still they look great.

Tom

Comment

very nice looking spuds..with other things to make gooder.
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Worth another look. Great post by E!
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, those look great. I make a Killer Scallop Potato dish also. I just never thought of putting it in the smoker. I like the idea of catching some of the drippings on top of the potato dish. Great pics, Thanks for sharing. CJ

Comment

Working...
                              X