brined pork butt w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brined pork butt w/pics

brined a butt past w/e also for the iowa gathering. first one i ever brined and got to say that this will be happening again.

brown sugar,kosher,peppercorns,bay leaves, i prolly forgetting something but if any interest is shown will add the recipie later. oh and molasses, not in the recipie but what the heck!

mixed the brine, put the butt in big baggie and added the brine. double bag just in case a leak.

i made a simple rub from 7 pepper blend, gran garlic, and paprika.

and on the smoker, smoke buzz let me use his while he was making a brisket. i also did just a plain old regular butt.

foiled at 170, and took up to 205 and coolered. pulled the next day. made a finishing sauce from defatted drippings, apple cider vinegar. and balsamic.

thks for cking my pics!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Sure like the look's of that! Louie & I brine our's. Like the sound of your brine! Thanks fer the pic's!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looking good E. Real good. I got to try brining a butt one of these days.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Nice... I'm thinking on brining myself later...it might help! ;{)

Good eats E!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks Excellent! I love the pic of the butts on the smoker, great color!

I've never brined a butt before, perhaps one of these days after seeing this.
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Nice butt!
            I really like the balsamic finishing sauce too.. yum!
            Did you like the molassas in the brine? I do!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
              Nice butt!
              I really like the balsamic finishing sauce too.. yum!
              Did you like the molassas in the brine? I do!
              yeah thats my go to finishing sauce, its fast and ez, shoot i dont even measure.

next time i gonna go with a little more molasses, this was the first butt i brined and gotta recommend it!!!
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I brine ALL my butts, with mollases. It really adds flavor, and keeps it moist.........i also inject with the brine..........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                X