No announcement yet.

Weber Performer one touch system help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Performer one touch system help!

Got a brand new performer platinum that was assembled at the local hardware store. Checked everything except the one touch system! It is hard as hell to open and close the one touch sweep system like something is bent. How the heck do i take it apart to adjust it? I don't see any bolt or anything to loosen the parts??? I tried bending it a little with a screwdriver and may have messed it up worse so I need to take it apart and bend it back.......
    -Modified Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
    -22.5" Blue Weber Gold w/ weber side table
    -18.5" '69 daisy wheel Weber redhead restored
    -Smokey Joe Silver x 2 --- one turned Mini WSM
    -Coleman road trip grill
    -Charbroil performance gasser
    -Maveric ET-732
    -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

Call weber if the place you got it from won't fix the problem. If nothing nothing else works some of the guys over at weberkettleclub.com can surely help.

Sorry for linking to another site.......

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    *A Texan transplant*

UDS | Blue Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | Blue Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 | Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)

Comment

Originally posted by chriscw81 View Post
      Call weber if the place you got it from won't fix the problem. If nothing nothing else works some of the guys over at weberkettleclub.com can surely help.

Sorry for linking to another site.......
      No problem linking to another site for info.

Call Weber...sounds like you may have a bad "sweeper" or something. They will stand behind the product in my experence.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Definitely call Weber, they will make it right.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Hey guys I slept on it and figured out how to disassemble the one touch system. Found the slot in the ash catcher bucket ring was out whack and bent it back to fit right and allow the one touch handle to slide forward and backward with ease. It's all good now!!!! :-)
          -Modified Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
          -22.5" Blue Weber Gold w/ weber side table
          -18.5" '69 daisy wheel Weber redhead restored
          -Smokey Joe Silver x 2 --- one turned Mini WSM
          -Coleman road trip grill
          -Charbroil performance gasser
          -Maveric ET-732
          -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

Comment

Nice... wish all that was stainless and not rather thin alum. tho. Never would have been an issue.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
            X