Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotch Eggs and Smoked Sausage, Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese Pizza Using the Leftovers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotch Eggs and Smoked Sausage, Bacon, Mushroom and Cheese Pizza Using the Leftovers.

Made up some Scotch eggs last month and didn't get to smoke them so I froze them. Got them out last weekend and threw them in the food cooler to thaw on the way to the farm. I used breakfast sausage and did a light wrap with bacon. For breakfast the next day I put them on the Kettle with some hickory and turned them about 30 minutes later. I had baked some potatoes the night before and I cut them up and gave them a fry in the DO. Gave the Scotch eggs another 30 minutes then realized I left my thermometer at home so I sliced one to check it...it was done. Scrambled some eggs on the DO lid and that was breakfast.

I take bad pics sometimes, too.

My breakfast. Neither one of us could finished a scotch egg and we didn't really care for the egg inside...not sure if me freezing them had anything to do with it or not but the egg was rubbery. I have only made them one other time and I do not remember having a rubbery egg inside.

Took the left over 2 Scotch eggs home and used them a few nights later. Cut them in half, removed the egg and chopped up the bacon and sausage. Used this to make a sausage, bacon, mushroom and cheese pizza. Baked the pizza in a preheated 12" cast iron skillet. The smoked sausage and bacon tasted so good on the pizza!!! I also didn't have much pizza sauce so I added some taco sauce to it and absolutely loved all the flavors. Not as pretty as some of your pizzas but still tasty.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 06-19-2013, 11:52 AM.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Nice Becky! I dunno bout the eggs but I spect it's the freezen!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
        I dunno bout the eggs but I spect it's the freezen!
        That's my thought, too!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Good eats there!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Hmm you may have solved my problem from years back. I had tried scotch eggs in the past but my recipe didn't call for bacon and you probably guessed it, , ,I couldn't get my sausage to stick. Thanks for the nudge in a better direction.
            JT

Comment

never had rubbery eggs in scotch eggs

But bacon wrapped scotch eggs ie: egg, bacon and sausage - is one of the all time great picnic foods.

Kept me going while up hodd hill setting slinging records recently

Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
              X