Beer Can Chicken with a Pomegranate Cherry Brine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Can Chicken with a Pomegranate Cherry Brine

Did another beer can chicken. Used my regular brine but used pomegranate/cherry juice instead of about 1/4 of the water and used about 2 cups of cherries in the brine.

The bird in the brine

Brined overnight. Pulled out and rinsed. You can see where the bird was up against the bag and where the cherries were up against the skin

Hit the bird with some rub. What better beer to use for a cherry/pomegranate brine than Cherry Wheat.

Bird is all done. After about an hour I sprayed it with some of the pomegranate/cherry juice and moved it to the lower rack in the UDS. Sprayed it a couple more times before it was done.

Definately moist and juicy. I would use this brine again.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Nice Wutang...Dang that bird looks good. How is that Cherry Wheat?
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
      Nice Wutang...Dang that bird looks good. How is that Cherry Wheat?
      Hard to explain. It is a good beer, defiately sweeter/more fruit flavor than the average beer but not so sweet like a wine cooler. A wheat beer with some cherry flavor. It went well with the brine.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Love that beer can chicken
        2-22.5'' weber
        1-18'' weber
        1 smokey joe
        22.5'' wsm
        24'' smoke vault
        1-outhouse
        Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
        Smoked meathead #135

Comment

sweet bird there adam!!! gotta agree, love them beer can chix!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Adam!!
            Right on, that is an awesome brine.. the beer, well I know the "man rule" about no fruit in beer, but I have to say, that Cherry Wheat is in my top 5!!
            Ry, help me out here!! lol!
            Your yard bird looks amazing!! YUM!! I wonder if you reduced the pome/cherry juice with the cherry wheat... the brined with that? YUMMY!!
            Great smoke Wutang style!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Great looking bird Wutang!!!! Have to give that brine a try!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                Adam!!
                Right on, that is an awesome brine.. the beer, well I know the "man rule" about no fruit in beer, but I have to say, that Cherry Wheat is in my top 5!!
                Ry, help me out here!! lol!
                Your yard bird looks amazing!! YUM!! I wonder if you reduced the pome/cherry juice with the cherry wheat... the brined with that? YUMMY!!
                Great smoke Wutang style!!
                I drink a lot of different beers, some more "serious" than others. But there is nothing wrong with an occasional Cherry Wheat.

And your idea of the Pom-cherry juice/cherry wheat beer reduction sounds great. That is something I might have to try. Either in the brine or in some sort of glaze to help with crispy skin. Sounds good to me.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
                  I drink a lot of different beers, some more "serious" than others. But there is nothing wrong with an occasional Cherry Wheat.

And your idea of the Pom-cherry juice/cherry wheat beer reduction sounds great. That is something I might have to try. Either in the brine or in some sort of glaze to help with crispy skin. Sounds good to me.
                  GLAZE!!! oh great idea!!! Ok tag your it! How yummy will that be??

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Wutang that that is one bad a** yard bird...love the combination. Nice smoke bud!

In response to the Cherry Wheat...it is a good beer that I enjoy and would buy again and again. Although ifin it was a beer drinkin' free for all ,all reckless like, I would stay with a more conventional beer, opposed to drinkin' a case of Cherry Wheat...grr Cost will also play a role.
                    Ain't never heard men shan't drink fruity beers though
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That's one of the best looking hens I've seen in a long time! Thanks for the pics.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                      X