Sounds good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good!

I ran across this recipe on FB, it looks like a good one to try in the ol' Dutch Oven.

Mississippi Roast - - Put chuck roast in crock pot, Sprinkle with dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix, add packet of dry McCormick Au Jus mix, a stick of butter, 5 pepperoncini peppers. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs

I may have to try that over the 4th!
    Phil. 4:13
    Scott

Give it a try. You'll like it. I've done it with just 2 packages of ranch. Au jus on the side.

My favorite is 2 packages of Italian dressing. Add some onions and mushrooms the last couple hours. No water on either. Low for 7-8 hours. Just remove the big pieces of fat. Shred the rest in the juices. Serve on buns. Some giardiniera makes it even better.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

7 to 8 hours is a long gig without some moisture...if it works...get after it!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
        Said the same thing at first. Then I tried it. Been doing it for 4 or 5 years now. Just keep an eye on it. The venny roast I did was falling apart at 6 hours and didn't want it to dry out too bad. Chucks, depending on size and toughness, usually take at least 7. They're not dry and there's juice on the bottom. Wouldn't try it on high though.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

That sounds pretty good
          sigpic

Comment

The butter would be the moisture correct? I mean its gonna melt right?

Comment

Sounds good. I recently tried a packet of french onion soup and a packet of au jus mix...that turned out really good.

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              I think the recipe he shared said crock pot so I can understand the 7-8 hours. In a Dutch oven, it shouldn't take that long.
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...