Traeger texas Model 075

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traeger texas Model 075

Ok, since picking up my new grill I'm ready to part ways with my Traeger. I just can't justify have 2 grills.

It is 5 yrs old, and a made in the USA Texas Model. Its in very good shape, and I have replaced some parts as follows.

#1 New Door
    #2 New Heat Baffle
    #3 Like new front shelf

Grill cover, not new but still looks good.
    It has been totally cleaned up, seasoned and used 2-3x since. Not in use now, but ready to fire up.
    2 patches of surface rust on the front below the door, which was touched up with powder coat.

Please ask any questions you may have and i will do my best to answer them. You can PM or email me.

With everything mentioned above, + 4 bags of mesquite pellets and one bag of cherry pellets(all traeger)
    Asking 500.00 OBO. This is for pick-up only right now. I will not ship it but will consider meeting midway if possible.

Thanks for looking

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pellet Burner; 06-28-2013, 06:01 PM.
    John
    Yoder YS 640 (USA)
    Traeger Texas(USA)
    Lumber Jack & Cookin Pellets
    ET732
    www.smokinwoodpellets.com
    sigpic

Originally posted by Pellet Burner View Post
    Ok, since picking up my new grill I'm ready to part ways with my Traeger. I just can't justify have 2 grills.

It is 5 yrs old, and a made in the USA Texas Model. Its in very good shape, and I have replaced some parts as follows.

#1 New Door (waiting for arrival)
    #2 New Heat Baffle
    #3 Like new front shelf

Grill cover, not new but still looks good.
    It has been totally cleaned up, seasoned and used 2-3x since. Not in use now, but ready to fire up.
    2 patches of rust on the front below the door, which will be touched up as soon as the powder coat arrives.

I will have picts to send out upon request since i just can't figure out how to get them on here. (Once the door is on)
    Please ask any questions you may have and i will do my best to answer them. You can PM or email me.

With everything mentioned above, + 4 bags of mesquite pellets and one bag of cherry pellets(all traeger)
    Asking 500.00. This is for pick-up only right now. I will not ship it but will consider meeting midway if possible.

Thanks for looking

John
    No way is this worth $500. I paid $200 for mine in brand new shape 2 years ago. It was also made in the USA. These things sell for $999 new, include a warranty, and still aren't worth that price. I'll sell mine for the $250 if anyone really wants to pay that for it, and I'll go back to using my WSM. Mine has always been stored in the garage, no rust, no problems, no parts have been replaced.

Just saying, $500 for a rusty and used 075 isn't a deal. Not trying to be a jerk, just want to let people know that there are much better deals than this out there.
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Well, thanks for your opinion. If your selling your Traeger, maybe you should start your own thread, no?

I don't really know what the market is, and have just gone by what I have seen locally and compared the condition of mine to others and based my price on that. You think replacing parts with new parts is a negative, thats quite an interesting theory.
      John
      Yoder YS 640 (USA)
      Traeger Texas(USA)
      Lumber Jack & Cookin Pellets
      ET732
      www.smokinwoodpellets.com
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pellet Burner View Post
        Well, thanks for your opinion. If your selling your Traeger, maybe you should start your own thread, no?

I don't really know what the market is, and have just gone by what I have seen locally and compared the condition of mine to others and based my price on that. You think replacing parts with new parts is a negative, thats quite an interesting theory.
        Like I said, I wasn't badmouthing, just giving my opinion that it's not worth $500. If I were selling mine, I'd start a new thread, but I'm not at this point in time. Was simply stating that I'd sell it for $250. Nothing wrong with replacement parts, but if the main barrel is starting to rust under the door, that's something that's not easily replaceable and is definitely an issue. You didn't post pics though, so I can't see it to make a judgement.

There are a couple ways to post pics here. One is get a Photobucket account and post the direct IMG link in the thread. The other, use the upload file option when posting a message. Would love to see yours. Does it have a digital thermostat, or just the high, medium, low option that was offered in 2007 or so before they shipped production overseas?
        Don

Humphrey's Pint
        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
        Anova One Sous Vide
        AMPS
        Purple Thermapen
        Maverick ET-733
        DigIQ DX2
        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X