Ribs, Chicken, Veggies, corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs, Chicken, Veggies, corn

A few more cooks on the Yoder. Chicken, veggies and corn have been coming out pretty good. Todays dinner featured some mad hunky rub.

The ribs: Beef ribs using the 3-2-1 method except pulled them at 20 minutes after removing foil, IT was 155. Using Rob's recipe substituting Tatonka Rub. Ribs tasted great, and were very moist but not fall off the bone. Overcooked I guess?
    Attached Files
    John
    Yoder YS 640 (USA)
    Traeger Texas(USA)
    Lumber Jack & Cookin Pellets
    ET732
    www.smokinwoodpellets.com
    sigpic

Looks great!
    sigpic

Comment

Very nice... Hmm I find beef ribs to be a tough cook. I mean they are great...but getting them like spares seems damn near impossible, unless you got some premium cut bones. And you will NOT find them in stores that I know of. They scavange them for most of the meat and leave you with mainly gristle and connective tissue.

I don't even bother buying the cryos any more. Pointless.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Haven't done any beef ribs in awhile, but I always look at them when I'm shopping, and meaty ones are definitely hard to find. Cooks look good man, I'm figuring you're getting that new Yoder down pretty well, at least it looks like you are. Nice job Sir.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Some good vittles right there!
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, it looks like i cooked all bone in the picts But there was only 2 of us, so it was plenty. I'll go back to the spare's next time out.

Jim, I'm still playing with it(The grill) and cooking in different areas on the grill and so far so good. This grill gets ALOT hotter than my traeger did, which i basically cooked everything from the center to the right. The yoder i've cooked on just about every area including the top shelf and have found pretty good heat distribution.

When you open the door on this thing, the heat really hits you and not just for a second or 2. Happy camper so far.
            John
            Yoder YS 640 (USA)
            Traeger Texas(USA)
            Lumber Jack & Cookin Pellets
            ET732
            www.smokinwoodpellets.com
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X