Smoked Cherry Limeade and Honey Brown Sugar Almonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cherry Limeade and Honey Brown Sugar Almonds

After Kyotes post on the smoke cherry lemonade I have been thinking about making something similar. It has also been a while since I made almonds

Here are the cherries and the almonds about to go into the smoker

Almonds after about 45 minutes at 220 degrees burning RO lump and pecan chunks

Put the almonds in a bowl and drizzled some honey over them, stirred until coated and then stirred in a handful of brown sugar. Layed them back out on the sheet.

After another 20 or so minutes so the sugar can melt a little. I stirred them a couple times as they cooled so they would not stick.

Cherries all done. About an hour and a half total time

Split open the cherries and removed the pits. Then smashed the cherries in the bottom of a pitcher before filling with store-bought limeade.

And my snack while I was waiting for some ribs to get done on the drum.
    Last edited by wutang; 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

sheesh, now i like the looks a that refreshment. gonna have to try that out. bet you could take it up a notch a lil bit with your favorite if ya wanted. the almonds look good too!!!
    Charbroil SFB
    GOSM
    MES
    Dutch Ovens and other CI
    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
      sheesh, now i like the looks a that refreshment. gonna have to try that out. bet you could take it up a notch a lil bit with your favorite if ya wanted. the almonds look good too!!!
      Yeah I got a little left in the pitcher and some vodka in the freezer. Sounds good to me.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
        Yeah I got a little left in the pitcher and some vodka in the freezer. Sounds good to me.
        Yes my thoughts exactly.. I have made Bills recipe and it is pretty darn good, I love the limeade tweek, great idea Adam!
        The almonds look beautifu, I have yet to try nuts in the smoker... another thing today for the to do list... (turning to page 1,000,000 of the list) So many ideas so little time!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
          Yes my thoughts exactly.. I have made Bills recipe and it is pretty darn good, I love the limeade tweek, great idea Adam!
          The almonds look beautifu, I have yet to try nuts in the smoker... another thing today for the to do list... (turning to page 1,000,000 of the list) So many ideas so little time!
          LOL. you have two more then I do to do..

Wutang looks awesome. I think the smoked cherrys taste pretty good in lemon or lime aid. the kiddos love it.
          got to hard to make. I just hit the bourbon right out of the bottle now. no clean up.lol..

the almonds look sweet. if these contractors ever get done. I am going to fire up the new smoker and try some of the nuts. we have pecans here mostly will have to give them a shot..
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

just wondering.

has anyone else tried the cherry's smoked. and made either lemoade are limeaid? with the festivitys of the 4th upon us. might be cool. drop of red die, let it settle then a drop of blue, and serve before it settles.
            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Summertime is coming fast and that with Kyote's most recent smoked cherry drink recipe made me think of this one again.
              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I'm on this drink.... Fresh ripe cherries on the tree 500 feet away.. Will have to be after this weekend,..

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
                  I'm on this drink.... Fresh ripe cherries on the tree 500 feet away.. Will have to be after this weekend,..
                  Fresh cherries, nice!
                  And them smoked almonds...one thing I gotta try cause they look sooo good
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Me likey lots.
                    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Working...
                    X