My new smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new smoker

Have always wanted a Meadow Creek smoker and I found one for sale in Kansas. Wife says to me to go get it since it's my birthday and she's a GREAT wife. In my exuberance I forget that I never plan things around my birthday, it ALWAYS goes bad! So I borrow my buddy and his truck and head to Kansas and we make it 9 hours from home when the truck dies and we're stuck in Missouri! After a LONG night we catch a cab to Kansas City and rent a car to get home. New smoker 0 Missouri 1

Fast forward 2 weeks and we try again, it's far enough away from my birthday the bad juju is over ( I hope). Son in laws truck and the wife riding shotgun we head to Kansas. 11 1/2 hours later we are hooking up the smoker and heading home. It was a long 24 hours but I think you will agree it was worth it.

Thanks for reading!

More pictures to follow.....WITH MEAT!!
    Attached Files
    22" Weber Gold
    26" Weber
    BGE XL
    MES40
    Meadow Creek TS120 with BBQ42 Chicken cooker
    sigpic

Beautiful! Have fun!
    Weber 22.5
    Lil Chief
    1950's Crosley Shelvadore
    Bradley Smoker
    Maverick ET732
    Nesco Dehydrator
    Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

Well that looks well worth it to me. To bad you had to visit beautiful kc on bad terms. Did you at least stop and enjoy some of our great bbq?
      - gager-

-aint no thing but a chicken wing

-let's smoke some meat

sigpic

Comment

Yer gonna like that MC. Great units! Congrats!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Weathermanbbq View Post
          Well that looks well worth it to me. To bad you had to visit beautiful kc on bad terms. Did you at least stop and enjoy some of our great bbq?
          Can't say how beautiful KC was, I was going by at 65 MPH Not having time to swing into all the great BBQ joints was the worst part. Had terrible food at a truck stop in Cameron Missouri!!
          22" Weber Gold
          26" Weber
          BGE XL
          MES40
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by notbobvilla View Post
            Can't say how beautiful KC was, I was going by at 65 MPH Not having time to swing into all the great BBQ joints was the worst part. Had terrible food at a truck stop in Cameron Missouri!!
            I hear lots of good things on Meadow Creeks congrats! How about some more pics of the inside of the warmer etc?

I think I know the place in Cameron you are talking about. A greezzy spoon right off the freeway? We stopped there once on our way to the races in KC. Forget the name of the place.
            G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

I have a retard question... How warm does that Warming box get? Can you essentially smoke in that thing or is it strictly like very low warming say in the 180-190 range? I would love to eventually get me a stick burner to tow behind a food truck or something, but I have no clue how those warming boxes work.

Comment

wow!! very nice!!
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyms View Post
                  I have a retard question... How warm does that Warming box get? Can you essentially smoke in that thing or is it strictly like very low warming say in the 180-190 range? I would love to eventually get me a stick burner to tow behind a food truck or something, but I have no clue how those warming boxes work.
                  With one like whats in the pic mounted directly on top of the fire box I'm guessing you could reach smoking temps depending on how it's dampered.

I have a warmer mounted on top of my cooking chamber mounted towards the exhaust end of my conventional flow stick burner. It is dampered with it's own exhaust so it's very versatile. I can get it to run 150 or less if I leave the dampers about 1/2 open and the exhaust wide open with the cook chamber exhaust wide open. Or I can close the cook chamber exhaust running everything through the warmer and run the warmer at around 240. However I have never found a reason to really do this.

Or on days when I'm not using the warmer and the cook chamber gets a heat spike I can open the warmer dampers and warmer exhaust damper up for a heat dump.

Warmers can vary greatly in design and function.
                  G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Very nice... now if I could find a used Lang reverse flow 36" deluxe for my deck I'd be in heaven.
                    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                    Frogmats
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Here's some pictures of the smoker inside and the chicken cooker. As for the warming box it has no "live" heat just what radiates from the firebox below. I have only fired the smoker up once since I got it ( I know I know blasphemy) and it ran about 150-175 with the main smoker chamber at 250. I will know more this weekend as I have some people coming over and we are going to load it up I'll post more pictures of it this weekend.
                      Attached Files
                      22" Weber Gold
                      26" Weber
                      BGE XL
                      MES40
                      sigpic

Comment

Like your screen name also
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice cooker...
                          God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                          Weber Performer Gold
                          Masterbuilt 26" twins
                          Big Chief Electric smoker
                          Brinkmann barrel smoker
                          LEM sausage stuffer
                          Cabela's pro HD grinder
                          Maverick ET-732
                          ThermoWorks Thermapen
                          GrillGrates

Comment

nice lookin rig..........
                            sigpic
                            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Never cross the bad MoJo days, ever!
                              Nice cooker, you gonna like it! I think Squirrel has one too.
                              Now fill that sucka up and burn some meat!
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                              X