Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cheese AMNPS

Smoked Cheese

The Pepper Jack is a bit softer so I put that in a few hours into the cold smoke.

The hardest part is waiting three weeks, October 29th is the day to try the cheeses out. I gave a couple to one of my friends for testing, hopefully he can wait!
    I finally had a chance to try theses out and I think next time IO will curt back on the smoke time.

That is some good looking smoked cheese. I use the AMNPS in a wooden box my son and I modified to hold some shelves. I typically do no more than 2 hours and use blue ice to keep the box temps down below 75 degrees. You are right, the waiting is the toughest part, that is why I have been doing 3-4 pound batches every couple weeks.

HK91

Comment

Originally posted by HK91 View Post
      That is some good looking smoked cheese. I use the AMNPS in a wooden box my son and I modified to hold some shelves. I typically do no more than 2 hours and use blue ice to keep the box temps down below 75 degrees. You are right, the waiting is the toughest part, that is why I have been doing 3-4 pound batches every couple weeks.

HK91
      I agree with the two hours, Mine were a bit too smokey for my taste but have some more that have been mellowing that I need to try.

Comment

Working...
      X