pimento cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pimento cheese

I followed this recipe only I used the apple smoked cheddar I did this winter. It makes an excellent sandwich.

1 pound grated Cheddar
    1/2 pound grated Pepper Jack
    1 (4-ounce) can diced pimentos
    1/3 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/3 teaspoons granulated onion
    About 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Pinch cayenne
    2/3 cup mayonnaise

I then put it on some flour tortillas and put a sweet pickle in the middle. I thought the pickle over powered the cheese. I won't be putting the pickle in again.

You need to freeze it for about an hour to slice it up, This would be a good appetizer.

Cheers! Finally got me brain wrapped into this taste! Very nice!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sounds and looks great. Loves me some pimento cheese. Try a half teaspoon or so of dry mustard next time. Really changes the profile. My family likes it a lot.
      A few of my favorite things:
      Good Whiskey
      Good Food
      Bad Girls
      sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
      Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Very nice, looks and sounds delicious!
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

lol - saw this very thing being made on ddd last night.

did you use some of the juice from the pimentos - apparently that's where most of the flavour comes from.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I used to have an Aunt that made this a lot, it is really good! Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try this with some smoked cheese.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the post! sounds good!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I ended up using all the juice from the pimentos. That dry mustard sounds like a good Idea, may have to set some aside for that. Thanks.

Comment

I love pimento cheese! Looks wonderful!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

That is awesome, even with the pickle, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice job! Thanks for sharing
                      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                      Frogmats
                      Maverick ET 732
                      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Looks great and would love to have some of it right now I love the stuff.

Try this, grill it like a grilled cheese sammie and you will love it I am pretty certain.

For anyone else that wants to try a pimento cheese, get a little jar at the grocery store for a test run. It's really very good if you like pimento cheese. I like it and love the sammies.

This Google images will get all kinds of thoughts going: http://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=2...AaeqyAGaioGYCA
                        Pete
                        Large BGE
                        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thanks for the recipe. Love the stuff, but never made it. You said the pickle over powered it. Cut the pickle in half or quarters. The trick is finding a balance to where it compliments it.

My SIL brings these things to many family functions. Think she buys the premade stuff. She's stuffed them with sweet or dill pickles, celery, carrots, smoked fish, tuna, those fake crab meat things.....you name it. They disappear every time.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Re:

Ohhhh yes !

I got this old waffle iron in a yard sale a few years ago that has reversible plates so I can use it as a sandwich press or waffle iron.

But in the summer i try to keep salads of Tuna, Chicken, Ground Canned Luncheon meat, and Pimento Cheese, with lettuce to make grilled sammies with that electric waffle iron.

When the tomatoes are in and cucumbers & onions I can make a meal of
                            grilled sammies, sliced tomatoes, and cukes with onions in vinegar.

For the Ground Canned Luncheon Loaf I try to find Armour brand "Treat" on sale for a buck a can.

I grind it in my $2 meat grinder along with a small green bell pepper
                            and a few sweet pickles (if I have them....or just add sweet pickle relish
                            later if I have it) I can grind up some cheese in this to if I want. The meat is already rather well seasoned.

I also throw in some green olives and pimentos and a table spoon of their juice.

Then add 3/4 cup of salad dressing and stir it up. I usually put a few drops of red food coloring into it to give it eye appeal. Sometimes some seasoning salt just for kicks. But it makesa great ground meat salad for grilled sammies. Real old time soda fountain lunch counter stuff.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Working...
                            X