Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some heat? try a cactus

http://chemistry.about.com/b/2012/11...-capsaicin.htm

to learn more if ya want. type in Rtx cactus. seems to be a new medical cure for pain ta boot. I want to try it on a hissing skunk rat. might make em more palatable.
    Last edited by Kyote; 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet Wingman won't try that! .... Or, maybe he will

Hissing Skunk Rat just needs brining is all.....
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Varmint... Good to see you... I cannot say that I have ever read about Resiniferatoxin but from what I am reading it would take very little to light you up.. Not sure if I would want to be the next YouTube Idiot to try this..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Law enforcement-grade pepper spray and the hottest hot pepper, the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, both pack a punch of about 1.6 million Scoville heat units. Pure capsaicin comes in at 16 million Scoville units, while pure resiniferatoxin has 16 billion Scoville heat units.

Both the capsaicin from hot peppers and the resiniferatoxin from the Euphorbia can give you chemical burns or even kill you. Resiniferatoxin makes the plasma membrane of sensory neurons permeable to cations, especially calcium. Initially exposure to resiniferatoxin acts as a strong irritant, followed by analgesia. Even though the chemicals may be painfully hot, both capsaicin and resiniferatoxin may be used for pain relief.
        I think that's definitely a challenge for the ghost pepper nuts

you can get euphorbia plants from most garden centres
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet Wingman won't try that! .... Or, maybe he will

Hissing Skunk Rat just needs brining is all.....
          lol. a whole lot of brine and spice.

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Hey Varmint... Good to see you... I cannot say that I have ever read about Resiniferatoxin but from what I am reading it would take very little to light you up.. Not sure if I would want to be the next YouTube Idiot to try this..
          Thanks.
          Yep! stuff sounds like it could do damage. seems to be heading forward to the medical arenas, then who knows what leo's and the military will try.lol. I do not believe that I would want to handle it. the stuff they have around here is hot enough. and from what several of the local chili growers have told me, when the ghost pepper came out and was the big thing, some wanted to plant fields of it. NMSU and attorneys advised against it. saying that it could do fatal damage to some that bit it or even got the stuff on their body parts. WOW!

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          I think that's definitely a challenge for the ghost pepper nuts

you can get euphorbia plants from most garden centres
          I will look for them just to see what they look like so I can keep my distance.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Wow that is crazy hot! I think I'll just sit back and watch the idiots try it!
            Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
            Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
            A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
            A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
            Frogmats
            Maverick ET 732
            Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
              Wow that is crazy hot! I think I'll just sit back and watch the idiots try it!
              Who are you calling an idiot
              Pete
              Large BGE
              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                Who are you calling an idiot
                Not calling anyone an idiot directly. But anyone willing to do that IMO is crazy!
                Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                Frogmats
                Maverick ET 732

Deano

sigpic

Comment

Not calling anyone an idiot directly. But anyone willing to do that IMO is crazy!
                  I'm joking, Kyote and I are long time pepper buddies.

I have eaten a Ghost Pepper though. But, not all at once. Some funny stuff on Youtbe with folks doing that.

Get a 20 year old, give him a couple of beers and let the betting begin,
                  Pete
                  Large BGE

Comment

I'm joking, Kyote and I are long time pepper buddies.

I have eaten a Ghost Pepper though. But, not all at once. Some funny stuff on Youtbe with folks doing that.

Get a 20 year old, give him a couple of beers and let the betting begin,
                    Oh I love heat.. I grow many peppers from the sweet bananas to the hot poblanos, jalapenos, serranos, anaheims, cayenne to the really hot habeneros in my garden and greenhouse. I have tried ghost peppers (damn hot!), and those made my forehead flow with sweat. But when you multiple their scoville heat index by 1000 that is sheer craziness.
                    Last edited by dsgarner06; 07-23-2013, 04:41 PM.
                    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                    Frogmats
                    Maverick ET 732

Deano

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like that cactus stuff is hotter'n a June bride in a feather bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh I love heat.. I grow many peppers from the sweet bananas to the hot problanos, jalepenos, serranos, anaheims, cayenne to the really hot habeneros in my garden and greenhouse. I have tried ghost peppers (damn hot!), and those made my forehead flow with sweat. But when you multiple their scoville heat index by 1000 that is sheer craziness.
                        When I tasted a Ghost, I knew I hit my limit in the sense that it's just too hot. I don't know what to do with the rest of them. They are so hot they just overtake any food I have ever tried to use them with.

It's like don't take a nuclear weapon to a gunfight if that makes sense.
                        Pete
                        Large BGE

Comment

When I tasted a Ghost, I knew I hit my limit in the sense that it's just too hot. I don't know what to do with the rest of them. They are so hot they just overtake any food I have ever tried to use them with.

It's like don't take a nuclear weapon to a gunfight if that makes sense.
                          Totally agree. I love the frutiness and nuttiness that comes from habaneros, the heat is definitely there, but can somewhat be controlled with limiting the seeds and membranes in cooking. I tried the same with ghost and scorpion peppers, but it didn't matter how much seed/membrane you took out, it still kicked you in the arse and killed your pallet. For me, hot peppers are meant to add flavor enhancements, not blow your tongue out of your mouth!
                          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                          Frogmats
                          Maverick ET 732

Deano

sigpic

Comment

Totally agree. I love the frutiness and nuttiness that comes from habaneros, the heat is definitely there, but can somewhat be controlled with limiting the seeds and membranes in cooking. I tried the same with ghost and scorpion peppers, but it didn't matter how much seed/membrane you took out, it still kicked you in the arse and killed your pallet. For me, hot peppers are meant to add flavor enhancements, not blow your tongue out of your mouth!
                            Yup, that's it.

Just made some of this tonight, give it a shot if you also like vinegar:

2 avocados, juice of 1 lime, a cup of red wine vinegar, a handful of cilantro, a clove of garlic, 5 habaneros- seeds removed, half a red onion or a sweet onion ( I prefer a sweet onion), and lots of salt and pepper to taste. Blend till smooth. I like it chilled. Its good for a dip, on tacos, etc, whatever you'd use a salsa on.

P.S. Sorry Bill, don't want to derail your thread but this just kind of seems to fit here
                            Pete
                            Large BGE

Comment

I think Ill avoid anything that has "toxin" in the name...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X