Pulled Pork Cheese Melt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Pork Cheese Melt

Looking for something quick to make last night and nothing heavy since it was late.. I popped my mug in the fridge to take a look around and seen a small tub of PP I took out for the wife to take to work and make a few sammies..

Looks like I lucked out.... Soooo, I really did not want just a PP sammie then I eyed the package of pepperjack cheese.. That's when it hit me.. I'll make a PP cheese melt...

Here we go...

Mixed in a little sauce and roasted habanero powder (thanks LA) with the meat and warmed it a bit in the hot box.. I did this to help with the cheese melting and so the bread did not burn while heating up..

Add a bit of PP, then close it up...

Pre-heat you griddle and yes I have a mini griddle... The wife loves it and I'm really liking it too.. Heat up fast and does not hold the heat long so you can pull it off the burning and not over cook your sandwich or burn your bread.. Don't forget to butter the top..

After a few give it a flip and continue to cook..

When you almost done drop a pot lid over it the help melt the cheese around the edges and warm the top of the sandwich back up.. Kill the fire and move from the burner when you do this..

Slice and enjoy.. It was really better than I had thought... I will be doing this again and defiantly with brisket and pulled chicken.. Just a way to beat the boring old PP sandwich.

Hope you guys enjoyed the sandwich presentation and put this one in your arsenal of quick meals... This would be great for the kiddos.. You know how they cannot wait for food on those weekends at lunch..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

nice - don't think I've tried pp and cheese yet, excellent

If you don't have a griddle, you can toast your sarnie under the grill/broiler and then pop it into the microwave for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

that looks like a hit with me! nice!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

That's my kinda sammie! Love it when you just grab random stuff from the fridge and it all comes together better than expected.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

I go definitely go for one of those.
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

heck yeah, I go definitely go for one a them too!!! I always take a pack or two of frozen pulled pork with elk hunting, this be a great quick and easy meal to make up there, will test it out a few times before this fall.
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

I've been wanting to try out my new cast iron skillet and all I had was brisket in the fridge for meat and I didn't know if that would taste very well on a grilled sandwich. After seeing this post I gave it a shot at lunch today and a grill cheese/brisket sammie is awesome. Thanks for bump to push me over the edge and give it a shot.
              Propane Smoke Shack
              UDS
              Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
              sigpic

Comment

I'd hit that I do something similar with my panini press... so friggin good!
                Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                Frogmats
                Maverick ET 732
                Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ken!!!

I've thought about that a number of times, but never tried it. Now thanks to you, I will for sure!!!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                    heck yeah, I go definitely go for one a them too!!! I always take a pack or two of frozen pulled pork with elk hunting, this be a great quick and easy meal to make up there, will test it out a few times before this fall.

I agree, I bet it took 5 - 6 minutes from start to finish to make.. I see these being a hit at our place when were in the dredges of working on something and do not want to take 45 minutes to make a meal and something a little heavier than summer sausage and crackers to get us by..

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                    I've been wanting to try out my new cast iron skillet and all I had was brisket in the fridge for meat and I didn't know if that would taste very well on a grilled sandwich. After seeing this post I gave it a shot at lunch today and a grill cheese/brisket sammie is awesome. Thanks for bump to push me over the edge and give it a shot.

I knew it would be good.. Not to bog down the making of this sammie, some caramelized onions would have been bad ass on these as well..

Happy to help with some ideas with left overs..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Gotta try that! ..... Bet it was GOOD!

Maybe some sweet pickles in mine

Nice execution Ken
                      sigpic

Comment

That looks like a great sandwich. I better not show this one to my son or he will eat up all the pulled pork I have frozen.

HK91

Comment

where in the world was i on july 30th...

that one good lookin sammie ya got there
                          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                            where in the world was i on july 30th...

that one good lookin sammie ya got there
                            Exactly what I was thinking. Great looking sandwich. Add some grilled onions, do sharp cheddar and brisket.

Comment

missed this one too........gotta love the pepper-jack on this!
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
                              X