• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July dessert ideas...

Some of these are really cute... enjoy
    http://www.marthastewart.com/summer-...003d370a0aRCRD

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

My Grandma and my Ma used to make the old "jello cake"... White cake with Blueberry and Strawberry jello drizzled into holes poked in the cake. They'd then get blueberries and strawberries and make a whipped/sour cream top and middle for the 2 layers. Mmm man that was good...

Hey Mom.....!
    Last edited by Richtee; 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

We got watermelon, cowboy cake and homemade ice cream -- strawberry and vanilla -- here at our place Saturday. I'll be busy outside and wifey inside. A perfect separation.
      sigpic

Comment

caught some frogs in the cement pond. they will pay the price on the 4th. smoked leg o frog maybe a toad not sure.
        home made ice cream for sure. an adult one with some kinda sweet girlie booze. and a kids one with store brand stuff.
        decided to do the two butts wens. so..ribeys or porter houses sat.
        oh yea this is about deserts..

some kinda pie or cake for sure.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
          caught some frogs in the cement pond. they will pay the price on the 4th. smoked leg o frog maybe a toad not sure.
          home made ice cream for sure. an adult one with some kinda sweet girlie booze. and a kids one with store brand stuff.
          decided to do the two butts wens. so..ribeys or porter houses sat.
          oh yea this is about deserts..

some kinda pie or cake for sure.
          Yum, frog legs. But smoked? That's sacrilege.
          BTW why do you guys call it a cement pond? You know it's not cement, it's concrete. Cement is an ingredient. It's like flour to a cake. You wouldn't ask for a slice of flour, would ya? That's the same speech I use for the high schoolers at career day. They invite me to career day, so even the stupid kids can see there is hope.

Tom

Comment

BTW why do you guys call it a cement pond? You know it's not cement, it's concrete. Cement is an ingredient. It's like flour to a cake. You wouldn't ask for a slice of flour, would ya? That's the same speech I use for the high schoolers at career day. They invite me to career day, so even the stupid kids can see there is hope.
            Lmao - that's worth points :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
              Yum, frog legs. But smoked? That's sacrilege.

your correct, cement in nothing more then a binder to make concrete and other types of construction or building material.

concrete pond does not sound as nice as cement pond.

and I did not want to call it gunite or shotcrete either. which cement ponds are also made of.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                your correct, cement in nothing more then a binder to make concrete and other types of construction or building material.

concrete pond does not sound as nice as cement pond.

and I did not want to call it gunite or shotcrete either. which cement ponds are also made of.
                Awww...It was Grannie from the Beverly Hillbillies who coined that phrase. CA prolly ain't knowing Ellie Mae! Grannie Jethro...& the rest!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Wife's making me a Mt. Dew Cake...Nice...Kyote, need some more frog legs?
                  Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                    Wife's making me a Mt. Dew Cake...Nice...Kyote, need some more frog legs?
                    Now you gotta share the recipe... I have never heard of a Mt. Dew cake!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      Awww...It was Grannie from the Beverly Hillbillies who coined that phrase. CA prolly ain't knowing Ellie Mae! Grannie Jethro...& the rest!
                      thats a big 10-4 good buddy..

Comment

I was going to share the Mt. Dew Cake recipe last night...Dang malware virus got onto my computer...three hours with tech support, wiped out half my computer....Anway, I'm back, here's the recipe...It's out of Paula Deen's Best Desserts,,,,

Mt. Dew Cake'
                        1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon cake mix
                        1 (3.4 ounce) box instant lemon flavored pudding mix
                        1 (12 Ounce) can Mountain Dew
                        3/4 Cup Vegetable oil
                        4 Large Eggs

Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 12 to 15 cup fluted pan with non-stick baking spray with flour
                        In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add soda, oil, and egss. Beat a medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
                        Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, let cool completely on a wire rack...
                        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Wait!! It can't be Paula's.. where is the butter?? LOL!
                          Thanks for posting the recipe, it sounds yummy! and Im glad your puter is all better, did you get that half back?? or is it just gone "poof"?

Comment

Working...
                          X