First Brisket need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Brisket need help

Ok i have done tons of reading and need help pushed one way or the other. I am having a party Tomorrow and dinner at 6pm. I Have a 10lb brisket and need to know when to put it into my new Acorn smoker. Here is what i am thinking please tweak.

Idea 1:
    After i have put my rub on tonight around 5pm, i am going to let it sit in foil until about 8pm then put it on my smoker at 250. After 2 hours put the meat into tin foil with some water and wrap, put back onto smoker until sunday morning, 8am check internal temp and adjust or remove off the smoker if ready.

Idea 2: get up at 6:30am get smoker ready to put brisket on at 7am at 9am put brisket into tinfoil and put back onto smoker, go to church at 10 home at 1pm, turn grill up to 300 and hopefully brisket is done by 3pm to rest until 6pm

Please help i hope i got what i am wanting to accomplish accross but not really sure the best way to do this. I have an ACORN smoker, which is like a big green egg.

Did you read this?

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...83432#poststop
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Oh - and welcome to Smoked-Meat :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Brisket a tough piece a meat to learn a new smoker on.. but anyway.. read the link like rich said... If I were you I would get up early and put it on then... Doing two butts myself tonight... putting on around 9 pm or so and hope to be finished around 9 am or so...and then into a cooler till serving time around 12:30... the cooler is your friend.. remember this!! better to have it finished early and resting than having to wait... Good luck and

Welcome from Dayton!! Now go smoke your meat!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

You might be over thinking things a bit....10lb brisket is kinda small, gonna be pretty thin in spots after trimming.... If you wanna eat at 6, I don't see any reason you have to pull an all nighter. Should be able to put it on at 7-8ish am, and let it ride till about 2 or so before foiling. Remember to catch the juices to add to the foil. Ideal temp for slicing is going to be about 190-200*, once you get to about 185* or so, you are gonna want to think about pulling it for a rest. Wrap it in some old towels, and put it in a smallish cooler if one is available... It will creep up in temp 5-10* and stay there for a long while. Good luck!
          Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I agree with Irish chef. Foil when it hit internal temp of 165. Good luck! The good thing about the akorn is it comes to temp very fast. If you do put it in a pan I suggest beef broth instead of water. I've been wanting to try a brisket on mine just haven't had the time.
            sigpic

Comment

the only thing i would add is, that i never use foil or aluminum pans to marinate meat. some spices can cause the aluminum products to break down and affect the flavor of the meat. i always wrap with plastic and use stainless and glass product when i can.

Welcome aboard and good luck
              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

when did we switch from temp to time round here

Dans tutorial goes on temp You can't go wrong following that
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I cannot thank you all enough for your suggestions, i almost did marinate it in foil, not doing that now, and I think i am going to start it at about 7am and maybe cook it around 300, and do as suggested once the internal gets 160 ill wrap it in foil. Thanks again i am so looking forward to smoking other things. I did do a pork tenderloin last night and it was absolutely perfect, very excited to try this brisket.

Comment

One more question, is there really a difference to putting it into the oven at 170 or into a cooler with towels when you rest the meat?

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfer View Post
                      One more question, is there really a difference to putting it into the oven at 170 or into a cooler with towels when you rest the meat?
                      Cooler has less airspace to heat up, and better insulation. In the long run, it will work better for holding.
                      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Working...
                      X