Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked me a brisket today. The best ever for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked me a brisket today. The best ever for me!

Well, this is a cooking weekend. I started off with the Weber Kettle on Friday and had my Pizza disaster. Then I used the wood smoker on Saturday and had some great country style ribs. Yesterday, I had a successful pizza cook on the Weber Kettle. Today I started up the Pellet Smoker and put on a very small brisket. A few months ago, I bought a trimmed brisket from Sam's Club, cut it in half and successfully cooked that half. There really is only the two of us so even a half of a brisket becomes a lot of meat for two people. We froze some, and my wife brought some to my son's business and it was gobbled up.

I have been marinading this brisket for 3 days in my Texas Rub with one cup of Teriayki, 1 cup olive oil, 1 cup beef broth, and 1 cup of worcestorshire sauce. After removing the brisket from the marinade, I just placed salt and fresh ground pepper on top of the fat cap of the brisket. It's on at 225 degrees, Maverick is set up, and pellet hopper loaded.

Now it is time to sit back and relax. I am watching Turner Classic Movies about the History of Cinerama and now it is time to switch to the Encore Channel where they are having a James Bond Marathon Movie thing going on .... Diamonds are Forever is getting ready to come on.

Well, we have a little while to go. Food temp 97 and pit temp 232. Waiting and watching.

Finish:

I have to say that this is the best brisket that I have cooked to date. This was extremely moist and juicy. I followed the advice of friends who made this brisket yesterday. I did not have any extra beer to put into the brisket pan at foil time so I just used beef broth and that was very satisfactory.

What I think makes this brisket the best for me is that I marinaded the brisket for three days in my Texas Rub and added 1 cup each of olive oil, beef broth, worcestershire sauce, and teriyaki sauce to the rub along with about 6 tablespoons of minced garlic. I was thinking about injecting the marinade, but I quit this thought and just put on kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I also do this to my Tri Tip Sirloins with outstanding results and I think that this just carried over to the brisket. I am very, very pleased with the result and so is my wife and Dixie who gave this a two paws up rating.

Here's a video presentation that sums up the process and illustrates the results.

Ed

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GHp506WRuPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Yoder YS480
    Yoder Cheyenne
    Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
    Kettlepizza

Fine job sir and nice video! !
    Don

Humphrey's Pint
    Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
    Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
    Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
    Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
    Anova One Sous Vide
    AMPS
    Purple Thermapen
    Maverick ET-733
    DigIQ DX2
    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Looks great, nice work right there!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Nicely done man!
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Well done!! Might have to give that a shot as far as the marinate!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X