I'm liking this Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm liking this Pizza Oven

I have been looking into pizza ovens for some time. I'd love a brick oven type but we plan on relocating at some point so I started considering portable insulated ovens. Of course its not in the budget as of yet but something I may have to start saving for. Costco has a few as well. The lower end unit that is in the same price range as this doesn't seem as well made which brings me back to this oven.

$1,999

Opinions?

<iframe width="750" height="422" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h-bhpR0Us9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Update... I added the video on the Pizzeria Pronto Portable pizza oven. This is a great oven for outdoor camping etc.

Around $300

<iframe width="750" height="422" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/62Uo4O2Xs8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Wingman; 09-07-2013, 04:35 PM.
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

we must be thinking alike!! been wanting something along those lines myself! I think I am a year or two away!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Want a pizza oven as well...Sho do like Uncle Honky's...but something on a lesser scale would be nice. Think portable/mobile is gonna be the gig!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thats pretty fricken sweet if you ask me
        sigpic

Comment

Looks nice, price not too bad either.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

That Scottsdale seems to work great for ya. Why spend the money? I'd save up for something else you want. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              Want a pizza oven as well...Sho do like Uncle Honky's...but something on a lesser scale would be nice. Think portable/mobile is gonna be the gig!
              88, I posted another option up top. It's a very portable rig for folks who are after hitting the road for a camping gig. $300 gets you the Pizzeria Pronto. Its also a 700 degree table top pizza oven.

Rob
              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
              Yoder Wichita

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                That Scottsdale seems to work great for ya. Why spend the money? I'd save up for something else you want. But that is just me.
                Something to add to my arsenal. Would be cool to have burgers going on the Scottsdale and pizza in the pizza oven. Just something I have been thinking about.

Rob
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita

Comment

Dang! I love that and the price is reasonable if you ask me. I went to their website and printed out some stuff. Might just have think on this thing. I was contemplating a brick oven, but what I wanted was gonna run me $3,000 easy. I like the look of this one too. I mean, who doesn't love stainless steel? Since I have my new porch addition that would look real purdy under there. Might be me Christmas present to meself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                    Something to add to my arsenal. Would be cool to have burgers going on the Scottsdale and pizza in the pizza oven. Just something I have been thinking about.
                    ie; never enough toys!...........eva!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I'm thinking one of these on my Weber would be a great substitute for $150.

KettlePizza <<== YouTube video (I know, I know )

Attached Files
                      Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
                      ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
                      Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
                      Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

that is not a bad gig either....hmmm maybe Santa????
                        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                        Yoder YS640
                        Weber Genesis
                        Weber 18.5" Kettle
                        Weber Performer
                        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Rob, I think the top one is your best bet. I'm envious of those who have a nice brick one in their back yard. Unfortunately people move. And not everyone wants a pizza oven in the yard. This one is portable. And you could build a fireplace/stand rather easily anywhere.

The second one is cool for camping, but still gas. Not much different than using your oven or gas grill. Did some searching and there's a ton of new ones out there for gas. Campchef makes one for their portable grills. There's a heavy duty unit that goes on most 3 or 4 burners. And there is a separate unit that has a large flame on one side and the stone turns!

The Kettle one is really nice. Charcoal/wood. And definitely an affordable option. I don't know.... tough to decide. But your Scottsdale does a fine job.
                          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Ray, I'm with you on the brick oven envy! I looked at many less expensive options like the Weber pizza oven ring. The Scottsdale rocks at pizza. The thing is... The outdoor cooking thing is a fun hobby and its nice to have different options for cookers. We will be relocating and I want a pole building with a slab and a outdoor kitchen where I can have all my cookers. I would like a real pizza oven but it has to be portable. The 1st option is looking pretty sweet to me.

Rob
                            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                            Yoder Wichita

Comment

Here is an interesting pizza oven concept using pellets, this one runs $325.

http://uuni.net/products/uuni-pizza-oven
                              -----

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...od-fired-pizza
                              -----

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/onjAl4Tw-uU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                              -----

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LCuuVMXgPpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X