I canned up some pickled hot Red Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I canned up some pickled hot Red Eggs

I just bought all of this canning equipment so I was looking for stuff to can. Since I didn't have any produce in in stock I figured I would pickle then can up some eggs. I've always just pickled eggs and then put them in a huge jar in the fridge but the jar is so big and I though it would be nice to have some small jars to bring places. I made up some hot "Red Eggs" from the recipe I found on here or on the other site a few years ago and tweaked it a bit. For some reason two of the three jars didn't seal so I'll either eat them right away or try to reseal them tonight. I know a lot of people just leave the pickled eggs out at room temp because of all the vinegar but I usually get a little leery about that for some reason. The whole reason I wanted to can then was so that I can store them on my shelf in the basement. Well enough on that. Here is the proof and I can't wait to dig into these in about a month or so.

Propane Smoke Shack
    UDS
    Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
    sigpic

Those should be great with a cold one
    Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
    Weber 22.5" WSM
    Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
    Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
    Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
    Weber Smokey Joe
    GMG Daniel Boone
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
    6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
    Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
    The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
      Those should be great with a cold one
      Yea they definitely should be good for that.
      I'm curious how many of you out there make pickled eggs and leave them out at room temp? When you go to the bar you see them all the time just sitting out so I'm curious if I should even worry about trying to get the two remaining jars to seal or not.
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah.. those look great.. Canning is so easy and helps feed the family as well!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
          Yea they definitely should be good for that.
          I'm curious how many of you out there make pickled eggs and leave them out at room temp? When you go to the bar you see them all the time just sitting out so I'm curious if I should even worry about trying to get the two remaining jars to seal or not.
          Those are gonna be tasty Ross! (open some windows )

I have made them quite a few times, but always put them into the fridge. I'm sure there are proper ways for long term storage, such as canning that you mentioned. They just seem to go pretty quick & will also last a good while in the fridge
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Those are gonna be tasty Ross! (open some windows )

I have made them quite a few times, but always put them into the fridge. I'm sure there are proper ways for long term storage, such as canning that you mentioned. They just seem to go pretty quick & will also last a good while in the fridge
            Yea they don't usually last very long. Especially when there is only 6-8 per jar but I wanted to can these so I can let them sit for a few months and not have to worry about putting them in the fridge. I'm hoping these will make it until deer hunting. But somehow I doubt that will happen.
            Propane Smoke Shack
            UDS
            sigpic

Comment

I have been banned from eating them!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                I have been banned from eating them!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X