Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehydrated Fall Goodness!

Hey all,
    Chose Pepper Heads because there is more pepper than herbs or tomotoes!

Dana's dehydrator post inspired me to put this on the board. BIG fans of the dehydration process and have a number of items here for rubs, pizza and sauces. Everything has been fully dried and ground using the blender on chop mode.

Left to Right: Pipers Peppers (roasted green chili, cayenne, chipotle, ancho), Smoked Serrano, Roasted Green Chili, Herb Goodness (parsely, thyme, rosemary, sweet basil, sundried tomato,garlic), Sundried Tomato

I love ground chili of just about any type and these are KILLER in redneck fire crackers. The winner here folks are the ground sundried tomatoes - dayumn!!! Simply left these in the dryer extra long to the total chip stage and ground. Originally prepared very similar to the ones Dana just posted. Can't wait to add these into just about everything!

Thanks for checking out my fall dehydration post!

Tracey
    Last edited by WALLE; 09-25-2013, 08:16 PM.

Time to get my Nesco out and head over to Sprouts for some Fall goodness! Thanks for the kick in the butt.
    Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
    ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
    Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
    Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

there's a WHOLE lotta goodness there! Save some for the first day of planting season 2014!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

By golly, you have been busy! Looks like you have enough firey goodness
        to last all winter.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice work Spice Daddy
          sigpic

Comment

Looks great,Tracey.
            sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Wow! that looks wonderful!! I bet a ton of flavor in those jars!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X