Smoked Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Cheese

Our first crappy fall day here in sunny San Diego, a perfect day to smoke some cheese!!!

Dropped my Son off at school this morning and ran to Costco and Sams and picked up some cheese. I got medium cheddar, Colby Jack, 3 alarm Colby Jack, Pepper Jack and Dubliner cheese. I have know idea what Dubliner is, figured I give it a shot though.

Placed everything on the 26er and loaded the Amaze-n smoker with a mix of apple and oak pellets.

After I closed the lid I left it to see how how it was and it was kind of warm. I kind of got paranoid so I wet a dish towel and laid it on the lid just above where the smoker was and also added a pan of ice water just in case. I guess it helped, my cheese didn't sweat at all.

After 1.5 hours of smoking, the cheese doesn't look much different. I took the 3 alarm Colby, the round one off since it was smaller than the others. The rest I smoked for another half hour.

After 2 hours of smoking I almost used an entire row of the pellets.

Now the hard part, vacuum sealed the cheese an need to wait for a couple of weeks for the cheese to mellow out.
    Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Nice. The Dubliner is like a sharp cheddar. I like it smoked or not.

I have a nice assortment that needs to get smoked too.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

I wanna try the three alarm...Smoked or not...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

I love the Dubliner. That should be good...all of it. I really like the idea of the 3 alarm colby smoked. Nice!
        A few of my favorite things:
        Good Whiskey
        Good Food
        Bad Girls
        sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
        Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Hey how long do you smoke cheese for And what temp

Comment

Cheddar cheeze

Comment

Cheese is a very cold smoke. I usually say a warm temp, about 80 deg., and 2-3 hours of light smoke.
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
              X