Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried a new drink tonight tasted pretty good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a new drink tonight tasted pretty good.

An actor friend of mine is leaving PDX for the bright lights of L.A. So we gathered at a watering hole during Happy hour to say our goodbyes and wish her luck. The place is called Township and Range and has a great happy hour.

http://trpdx.com/

One of the drinks they featured was a NW favorite beer called Raineer topped with grapefruit juice. Was quite delicious Called a T&R Grundy. Since Raineer is cheap around these parts I'll be drinking more of these on Sunday. If you click the link be sure and check the happy hour menu there are some good things there.

Raineer eh?

Sounds interesting
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Raineer eh?

Sounds interesting
      It was tasty, but seems more like a summer thing. We're getting into Ale, and Bock weather around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Raineer eh?

Sounds interesting
        Umm, yeah. Were they all out of Blitz and Oly?
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          Sadly Blitz Weinhard, and Olympia breweries no longer exist. I think someone else makes Oly, but you can only get Henry's and not Blitz Weinhard. In college 20 years ago Blitz was 2.39 a 12 pack. Good times . And Raineer is slowly replacing Pabst as the local shwag beer.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            Sadly Blitz Weinhard, and Olympia breweries no longer exist. I think someone else makes Oly, but you can only get Henry's and not Blitz Weinhard. In college 20 years ago Blitz was 2.39 a 12 pack. Good times . And Raineer is slowly replacing Pabst as the local shwag beer.
            15 years ago, my Dad used to have a hunting lease out on Sauvie Island. The landowner was the Head Brewmaster at Weinhards... Had been there for 20 years....(I believe he retired when Miller bought them out) The hunting shack was full of Blitz memorabilia....and there was a kegorator with 2 flavors, usually one of them was an experiment....and a fridge full of bottles....Henrys made a great root beer at the time IIRC...
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
              Yeah, been seeing a few more younger cats pulling the Vitamin R off the shelves lately
              sigpic

Comment

Man I used to work a few blocks from the Henry's brewery in downtown p-town, used to love the smell of the mash when they emptied the tuns. Could get some pretty good deals off the loading docks too.

Not too sure about your drink there g-man, not a grapefruit fan but I'd give it a shot. Sounds a lot like a German raddler, which depending on where you're at is beer mixed with lemonaide or mixed with cola. It lemonaide version ain't too bad in the summer.

Sent from my Internet-enabled pocketwatch.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
                X