No announcement yet.

Fatman has It's first coat of paint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatman has It's first coat of paint...

I know I was suppose to test fire Fatman this weekend... It kinda got rained out a bit on Friday (I decided not to) and my buddy had to go up north to the cottage (Help his dad)...I thought if he comes back late Saturday, I still can fire this thing up...But he's not coming back till late tonight... Anyway, I worked on it all week after work to get it ready for the weekends festivities, I got the first coat on it... I used VHT Flameproof 1500 degree Primer and wanted to test fire and cure the primer at the same time... My finished paint is still on back order and should be here early next week (I hope)...So by next weekend I should be able to do it all and have this project finished... (I've had many set backs on this project and that's just the way it is, it doesn't always work out the way you hope)...Because they live so close I think my buddies Dipper and Herb can't wait for this thing to be done either... All I can say is I'm trying... Well here's how it looks with some base coat on it...

---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    KCBS CBJ

Very nice work. Looks like the real thing! I wish I could do that. Im assuming the final color wont be white?
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

The final color will be, Gun Metal Grey...
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

I heard they've reserved an area in the Smithsonian for your smoker. Cause we know you ain't ever gonna fire that thing up.
        Looking good man.

Tom

Comment

Nice! Now build me a new van! ;{)
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            I heard they've reserved an area in the Smithsonian for your smoker. Cause we know you ain't ever gonna fire that thing up.
            Looking good man.
            Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...You sound like Dipper...He's waiting and waiting...He wants this thing fired up almost as bad as me...Thanks bud...
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Nice! Now build me a new van! ;{)
              Sorry bud: I go back into retirement after this one... I told my buddies if I ever come up with another Idea like this...Please just shoot me...
              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                Sorry bud: I go back into retirement after this one... I told my buddies if I ever come up with another Idea like this...Please just shoot me...
                I know that feeling...
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dipper's not the only one. heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                  Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                  Ducane 4100 propane grill
                  Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

That thing is lookin' bad to the bone!

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
                      Dipper's not the only one. heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                      Yeah Herb...I know you want a peek to...We will fire Fatman up soon enough and you and Dipper can laugh at me trying to figure this thing out... I'll probably go through 30lbs before something is edible...lol...
                      Last edited by Zeeker; 07-05-2009, 06:27 PM.
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

Just smoke what you love at first. You just can't go wrong with pork butts and as someone mentioned in another thread, fatties are great to learn.

Tom

Comment

you are a metal fabricator for sure I just love the Handles you put on your meat grates.awesome.
                          But, those bolts holdin on the wood handles are as chichipatty as they get. I bet they are not for the finished product though.
                          little bull horns stickin out each side holden the handles in?

your project is awesome.

now if you can put them in to production and sell them where you make some coin and we get a deal.
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                            now if you can put them in to production and sell them where you make some coin and we get a deal.
                            As many hours as he has into that one, he'd have to charge 27,999.99 for one. What am I talking about, I have 13 years into mine.

Tom

Comment

very nice zeeker
                              Terry here
                              Still have Christene

Comment

Working...
                              X