Chicken Wings 2 ways-BBQ and Sweet Jalapeno Blackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Wings 2 ways-BBQ and Sweet Jalapeno Blackberry

I made some chix wings to take to a friends house for the 4th. I made two kinds. I brined the wings pieces in a pretty normal brine.

Here they are out of the brine, rinsed, and dried. The ones on the left got dusted with my normal bbq rub. The ones on the right I seasoned with garlic salt and "Hot Shot" (a store bought blend of black and red pepper

Here is a pic after about an hour on the drum. The bbq ones are in the back and there are a couple dozen abts across the middle.

Abts are done

I made a glaze by simmering some onion, garlic and adding about 1/2 cup of homemade jalapeno jelly my wife got from a friend at work along with a Sam Adams Blackberry Beer. (Bbqgoddess would be proud)

Here it is after simmering until nice and thick-the jalapeno jelly turned it bright green. But the wings did not turn green. Thank goodness

When the wings were almost done I glazed them. I used a store bought bbq sauce on the other wings. Here they are all done. The bbq on the right and the jalapeno/blackberry on the left

A closeup of the bbq wings

A closeup of the jalapeno/blackberry wings

They were very good and the jal/blackberry ones disappeared fast. The jalapeno jelly is pretty sweet but with good flavor. Next time I will add some cayenne to the glaze for some heat.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Wow, is my mouth
    I put on 7 lbs just looking at those.

Tom

Comment

DAMN GOOD!!!! Darn I am hungry now. Thank god for pulled pork leftovers.

I.m liking the blackberry wings.
      "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
      PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Now those are some darn good looking wings,,,
        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Rock ON!.....yeah man! Nice! saved this....that UDS is gettin after it!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I'm getting hungry for wings now. They look fantastic.
            Col. Big Guy

Comment

Looks like your getting Points!! The wife was walking by while I was reading this thread.. She said "WOW, What is that?" I told her its Wu's Jalapeno Blackberry Wings.. Her reply was " Why dont you make something like that!" I thought what the hell... I cant invent every new dish!!.. Crazy woman

Great looking grub dude!
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

MAN, those look good!!

I'm not used to seeing jalapeno and blackberry in the same list of glaze ingredients, but they sure look good. Sounds like they were a hit.

Dave
                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                UDS 1.0
                Afterburner
                Weber Performer
                Blue Thermapen
                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                Auber Smoker Controller
                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                -
                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

wutang: I live 10 minutes from Buffalo, NY... I classify myself a wing expert (eaten 10 tons of em around these parts) and all i can say is YEEHAWW...
                  Dame fine wings bud...You hit the mark...Out of the park man... Perfect execution, beautiful color (US spelling)...Nothing better, than to watch a game and eat those bad boys...
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  KCBS CBJ

Comment

Thanks guys, these were great. I will definately have to make them again.
                    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Holy smokin' chicken wings Wutang! Those are incredible looking! I was trying to lick the screen and the static zapped the s*** out of me!
                      Another nice smoke
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Adam!
                        Great glaze, I love it! I just tried that Sam Adams blackberry, pretty good stuff. Using the jap jelly was brilliant, those wings look amazing! Damn I wish you lived closer!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Adam, big on both the wings. Excellent job
                          Pete
                          Large BGE
                          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thanks Kelly, Ry and Pete. I will definately use this again, maybe just tweak the recipe a little. The only thing I will have to do different is maybe make the sauce outside, my wife was complaining that the kitchen had the "warm beer" smell after the sauce had simmered a while. I didn't think it was that bad but she is pregnant so her sniffer is sensitive.
                            Last edited by wutang; 07-06-2009, 04:46 PM.
                            KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Wow! How creative! They look awesome, Adam!
                              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                              Pink Thermapen
                              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                              X