Advice needed for pork sirloin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for pork sirloin.

Rained here so no harvesting tomorrow. I've got 2 boneless pork sirloin roasts nearly thawed that will be done for supper tomorrow. Do I treat these like pulled pork or more like pork loin? Any advice/recipes appreciated. I do have some MH pork brine unopened and staring at me from the cabinet!
    Good One Heritage Oven
    Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Originally posted by bwerth42 View Post
    Rained here so no harvesting tomorrow. I've got 2 boneless pork sirloin roasts nearly thawed that will be done for supper tomorrow. Do I treat these like pulled pork or more like pork loin? Any advice/recipes appreciated. I do have some MH pork brine unopened and staring at me from the cabinet!
    treat Pork loin for sure...Take to like 145* 150* and pull and let rest for 20 minutes...

Yes to the brine.. I like to do mine 1/2 with MH rub and BBQ sauce and half with just the flavor of the brine! Slice in about 1/3 inch slices...

I have also stuffed with spicy Italian sausage as well... here though you need to take to 165* which is when the brine comes in handy!!

Good luck!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I have cooked them a couple times, and have gone for pulled once, and cooked like a pork loin once. Butt, its been a while. As I recall, the fat content is slightly more than a pork loin, butt much less than a butt. I think I would go for the pork loin style cook
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you! Hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomorrow evening.
        Good One Heritage Oven
        Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

i am thinking "crook pot" set it and forget it style. throw in a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, then rinse the bottle out with capt morgan spiced rum, throw that in there too.

low temp, start before church and it should be ready just in time for the 4 pm NFL games...

just kiddin'

my answer was already taken so i just type a bunch BS

treat it like a pork loin you will be good as gold
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
            i am thinking "crook pot" set it and forget it style. throw in a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, then rinse the bottle out with capt morgan spiced rum, throw that in there too.

low temp, start before church and it should be ready just in time for the 4 pm NFL games...

just kiddin'

my answer was already taken so i just type a bunch BS

treat it like a pork loin you will be good as gold
            I read this to my wife. She thought it sounded great. LOL.
            Good One Heritage Oven
            Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwerth42 View Post
              I read this to my wife. She thought it sounded great. LOL.
              Shhh... she MAY read this ;{)

So didja go with the brine? Hey...try and snap a pict of the hunk. I don't know that I have ever cooked a sirloin? But who knows..with all these names they seem to come up with for meats thee days...
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yep...the sirloin roasts are taking a cold bath in the brine. I'll try to get pics later.
                Good One Heritage Oven
                Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X