Smoked Some More Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Some More Cheese

Have to catch up on some things. Smoked these a week ago. Vac'd and waiting for at least 2 weeks. Makes a difference to me. That's all that matters.

Everyone knows I like smoked Havarti. Had another dill, but ate it before I got it smoked. Lol. Found a couple new ones. Horseradish and Peppadew. Those should be interesting.

Found some Habanero jack. This is from the same company that makes the Mango Fire and Morel and Leek cheese. Should be good.

Also picked up some cheap stuff. Swiss and Muenster. Both are good. Never tried the Dill Jack. Hope that is too.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Stopped at Aldi's and picked up a few more.

An aged White Cheddar, Roasted garlic with Tomato & Basil and Pepperoni Marinara. It has pepperoni in it. This should be good.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Comment

After about 2 hours of hickory smoke, it's time for a nap.
      Attached Files
      S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Gonna be some good stuff! If it makes it all the way to Thanksgiving, might have to share some
        sigpic

Comment

Very nice!! That will be great!! the tomato one I am sure will be killer!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks Great. I have never smoked cheese, think I'll give it a try..
            sigpic

Comment

Looks great Ray! Gotta put that on the list as nothing like some smokey cheese on my "sammies"
              Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
              Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
              A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
              A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
              Frogmats
              Maverick ET 732
              Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

OH YA.I need to get after some smoked cheese here.Thanks for the reminder Ray looks like some good eats for sure
                sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                members mark upright propane smoker
                kingsford bbq
                23"weber kettle

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Some of these should be interesting. As you can see, I tend to look for the oddball stuff.
                  S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Have to catch up on some things. Smoked these a week ago. Vac'd and waiting for at least 2 weeks. Makes a difference to me. That's all that matters
                    Ditto on the cheese. I love smokeing the oddball cheese and i agree it is better rite away, after 2 weeks after 1 yr. Whatever way i like it is the best for me. Great job.
                    What type of smoker do you use? I now use an old upright freezer converted.
                    Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
                    Disabled
                    Member American Legion
                    Life Member NRA
                    Life Member ARRL

Comment

Looks Awesome, Ray!!!

What a selection!!

Smoked Pepperoni Marinara doesn't even sound legal----Gotta taste TOO GOOD!!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Wow that's a variety of most I've never heard of or seen here. But I'd definitely give them a try. Aldi's huh? They have those in OH, so going to tell the kid about it.
                        Alesia

MES40, Home built Vertical Propane Smoker with SFB

Comment

Originally posted by ExhaustedSpark View Post
                          Have to catch up on some things. Smoked these a week ago. Vac'd and waiting for at least 2 weeks. Makes a difference to me. That's all that matters
                          Ditto on the cheese. I love smokeing the oddball cheese and i agree it is better rite away, after 2 weeks after 1 yr. Whatever way i like it is the best for me. Great job.
                          What type of smoker do you use? I now use an old upright freezer converted.
                          Thanks. The oddball cheeses are great. Have had some that were toe curling good. The only problem is, sometimes you can't find them again.

I just use my GOSM with the AMNPS. With this combo, I've been able to smoke cheese even in the summer. As long as it's not directly in the sun. Usually do it in the evening.

I do put the water pan in (empty). It acts as a diffuser. If you've used the pellet smoker it has a straight column of smoke rising from it. It will hit one or two blocks of cheese and darned near make them inedible. The water pan breaks the smoke up and will surround the cheese on the way to the vent. Posted a pic in one of the cheese threads. I only mention it for some of the new members.
                          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                            Looks Awesome, Ray!!!

What a selection!!

Smoked Pepperoni Marinara doesn't even sound legal----Gotta taste TOO GOOD!!!

Bear
                            Thank you Bear. Have not tried that one yet. I'll let you know when I do.

I did try the roasted garlic, tomato and basil. Used the leftover beer bread from the tri tip stew post to make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich. One of my favorite things to do. Had to try it on a cracker first.
                            Attached Files
                            S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                            New Braunfels Bandera
                            UniFlame Gas Grill
                            Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRed View Post
                              Wow that's a variety of most I've never heard of or seen here. But I'd definitely give them a try. Aldi's huh? They have those in OH, so going to tell the kid about it.
                              Yep, Aldi's. 7 or 8 oz. chunks for 2.99. Costs twice that in the chain stores. They carry 3 different Havarti's regularly. Plain, dill and jalapeno. All are good smoked. The other stuff changes. Once they had English cheddars, another time Irish cheddars. Never know. Tell your son to keep checking.

It's fun to try different ones. Some are better not smoked. Only one way to find out.
                              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X