Yoder defuser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoder defuser

Has anyone installed that heat diffuser shield on the outer fan of the outer hopper box. Just wondering if that makes a diffreance cause im happy the way it is without it. But Byron sent me one so i thought it must be a good upgrade.Also is there a trick to cleaning those grilling grates,ive tried all sort of things like sos pad grill brush.I just cant get it as clean as i would like.Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Jaymxr; 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM.
    Yoder Ys640
    Char griller smoker
    Lumber Jack
    Maple,Hickory,Cherry
    A-maze-n smoke tube

The fan diffuser was created to even out the temps accross the cooking grates and also to improve pellet usage.
    G'Pa Herb's herbs
    KCBS CBJ CTC

Yoder YS640 w/black comp cart
    Custom made Chimney mount for Mavericks w/6' leads

Pictures of my "tool" http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258

Comment

Yeah I am thinking about calling back and getting it.. I hear they help out even more with the temps.. i am pretty dang happy with the way it is.... If he sent it to ya i would put it in!

As for the cleaning.... umm that is seasoning..... I bush off and go. I do clean a bit more when I remove the ash buildup though.... but they are by no means spotless!!

Good luck!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I have been using a Stainless steel pad like this. Works nice on smooth surfaces like the chrome bars the Yoder 640 has. At any grocery store I guess.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/stai...Fel_QgodaH0AMQ

Comment

I'm pretty happy with how my YS640 works, so not sure if I would go for the diffuser if I had to purchase one, but I'd be willing to try if someone sent me one

As far as cleaning the grill-grates, a couple of methods work for me. 1) Put them in a self-cleaning oven and "clean" the oven. It will burn most of the stuff off. 2) Soak them in a citrus based grill cleaner for about an hour or so and then power wash them. This method works great for me and is how it do it when I want really clean grill grates. After cleaning, I make sure to coat them good with some vegetable oil or cooking spray to help minimize the build up for future cleaning.
          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
          Frogmats
          Maverick ET 732
          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
            As for the cleaning.... umm that is seasoning..... I bush off and go. I do clean a bit more when I remove the ash buildup though.... but they are by no means spotless!!
            The inside of a grill is not a showroom, it is a cook chamber...
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Thank you all very much,ill give the diffuser a try.
              Yoder Ys640
              Char griller smoker
              Lumber Jack
              Maple,Hickory,Cherry
              A-maze-n smoke tube

Comment

is the heat diffuser shield something new? I got my ys-640 back in march, does this new heat diffuser shield do anyhting special that i could benifit from? I havent heard anything other then whats in this thread. Also, would this be something I have to pay for on my end?

-Chris

Comment

I sent an email to Yoder customer service and they are sending me a diffuser free of charge. Send a request to customer service@yodersmokers.com and include your serial number and they should send you one. Pretty cool!

I haven't received mine yet, as I just sent them an email last week... but once I do I'll post some pics of it and let you know how it goes.
                  Last edited by dsgarner06; 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM.
                  Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                  Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                  A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                  A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                  Frogmats
                  Maverick ET 732
                  Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I have the little shield also but have not installed it yet. I might do it before my thanksgiving cook. For the grill grates, put them upside down on your gas grill and turn it up on high for a few minutes. Then just knock any remaining crud off with your wire brush.

Comment

I've installed the diffuser and it seemed to help level out the temps across the grates. I didn't realize that the outer fan was like turbo charging the inner fan, so it pushed the heat so the right side. So the diffuser helps deflect the air into the hopper. I think it will work, let me know if anyone else likes it with or without just curious.
                      Yoder Ys640
                      Char griller smoker
                      Lumber Jack
                      Maple,Hickory,Cherry
                      A-maze-n smoke tube

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
                        I sent an email to Yoder customer service and they are sending me a diffuser free of charge. Send a request to customer service@yodersmokers.com and include your serial number and they should send you one. Pretty cool!

I haven't received mine yet, as I just sent them an email last week... but once I do I'll post some pics of it and let you know how it goes.

Hmm, looks like I'll have to check if my 640 has one. I got my 640 in Sep. I'll email them and ask. I'm pretty happy with how it works now, so not a big deal.

Let me know how yours worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymxr View Post
                          I've installed the diffuser and it seemed to help level out the temps across the grates. I didn't realize that the outer fan was like turbo charging the inner fan, so it pushed the heat so the right side. So the diffuser helps deflect the air into the hopper. I think it will work, let me know if anyone else likes it with or without just curious.

can you post some pics of this new "fan diffuser" installed on your unit please? I emailed Yoder a week ago and haven't got a response so I just called and left a message.

-Chris

Comment

I installed mine...for a little while at least. It is designed to help even out the temps from left to right. I am not sure if it helped in that department, but it help minimize the temp swings in my pit to +/- 5* F. BUT...it also stabilized about 25* under set target temp. So, I removed mine and went to the ole' tried and true.
                            Mark

Homemade 22 year old "Pro-smoker"
                            Yoder YS640
                            Smoke daddy
                            100% Lumberjack pellets

Comment

Working...
                            X