Crock Pot Apple Butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crock Pot Apple Butter

I love to can things and it tastes soooo good. Make Apple Butter every year and do it in the crock pot. Everyone begs for some...and I cant keep enough for us at home. I may have to do some more while it's still Apple Season.

Kat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witchy Woman; 10-30-2013, 01:14 PM.
    I am a Southern Gal and Proud of it! Member of KCBS, ABA and OBR (SE Region).

Looks Awesome, care to share your recipe?
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Good stuff! My SIL does her apple butter in the crock pot, too...I can attest it's good!
      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
      Pink Thermapen
      Purple Thermapen

Comment

I will be happy to share it!

I am bad with measurements....so bear with me (I use a loose measurments...have done this for so long).

1/2 peck of tart apples
        1/4 peck of Golden Delicious
        (in my crock pot this amount of apples makes 2 batches. The rest of the info will be for 1 crock's worth)
        1 lemon
        1 cup of fresh Apple Cider
        1 cup of plain sugar
        2 tsp of ground cinnamon
        1 tsp of ground cloves
        1 tsp of ground nutmeg
        1/2 tsp of Allspice

I peel and core and rough chop all of the apples. Put them in the crock pot. Add the juice of one lemon to help slow the browning on the apples. Plus add some acidity for the WB canner. Then put the sugar and the spices along the top. Then add the Apple Cider.

Turn the crock pot on low and let cook overnight. Mine usually gets turned on around 4ish in the afternoon. Stir it down a couple of times before bedtime. The next morning...stir things again...and "crack" the lid of the crock pot so some of the moisture can evaporate. Let this go for about another 4 hours. I use a "stick" blender to puree the apples down almost to the baby food consistency. Then put into half pint or pint canning jars. Adjust the lids and bands. Water Bath can for 10 minutes. Will last a year after being processed. (but wont make it that long....it gets eaten)

Kat

Comment

I'm gonna hafta try that gig! Thanks for the recipe!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

very good! Have wondered about making this...now might have to give this a shot...Wish I had a apple tree still in my old mans back yard... fell over in the wind storm...a few years back... might have to look around the neighborhood....
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I made crock pot apple butter and caramel apple butter for the first time this year and canned it all and that stuff is great. The crock pot route just seemed so much easier. I didn't even peel the apples I just cored them out to remove the seeds and the peels just cook in with the apples and I did blend everything up before canning them. Great looking stuff.
              Propane Smoke Shack
              UDS
              Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
              sigpic

Comment

I didnt want to be stuck in the kitchen stirring forever in case it sticks and burns. So went with the crock pot way. Much easier.

Kat

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, I think this is doable and want to make some for the Holidays...
                  Last edited by BIGGLOPEZ; 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM.
                  God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                  Weber Performer Gold
                  Masterbuilt 26" twins
                  Big Chief Electric smoker
                  Brinkmann barrel smoker
                  LEM sausage stuffer
                  Cabela's pro HD grinder
                  Maverick ET-732
                  ThermoWorks Thermapen
                  GrillGrates

Comment

Looks great
                    I'm no Gynecologist
                    But I'll take a look at it

Comment

Very cool!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
                        Thanks for the recipe, I think this is doable and want to make some for the Holidays...

It does make great gifts! The folks that know it takes time and a little TLC would appreciate it!

Kat

Comment

Good job! Apple butter is soooo good!
                          Alesia

MES40, Home built Vertical Propane Smoker with SFB

Comment

Working...
                          X