Pumkin seeds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumkin seeds...

Well finally got around to baking the seeds my daughter brought over...

The ones on the left are MH Hot Whang and the ones on the right is A rub I came up with that my family likes... They are in the oven as I type...

Hope they turn out good as I have never made them before... Used about 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil and about the same rub and mixed them in plastic zip lock bags then spread them on the cookie sheets... set the oven to 350 and baking them for 20 min or until they look done...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BIGGLOPEZ; 10-31-2013, 09:24 AM.
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Looks tasty. And they're supposedly quite good for you.

Comment

I'll tell you what, I have never made them before and these things were Awesome. The MHHW were nice and warm with great flavor and my rub were very tasty as well. They came out nice and crisp with a good crunch and toasted texture. I might just have to go get some more pumpkins just to make some more as I know these aren't going to last...

MHHW on the left...

20 minutes @ 350 seems to be a perfect time...
      Attached Files
      God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
      Weber Performer Gold
      Masterbuilt 26" twins
      Big Chief Electric smoker
      Brinkmann barrel smoker
      LEM sausage stuffer
      Cabela's pro HD grinder
      Maverick ET-732
      ThermoWorks Thermapen
      GrillGrates

Comment

Since the kids are gone and I live in a suburban farm area... I don't buy pumpkins till AFTER halloween - cheap! :{)
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Since the kids are gone and I live in a suburban farm area... I don't buy pumpkins till AFTER halloween - cheap! :{)
          That's what I was just going to suggest to him. I do the same thing and some of the local sellers will even give them away. You could make a pie or two as well. Just sayin'.

Seeds look great big G. They are highly addictive.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Looks great! very well done!
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

You can even make pumpkin butter outta the flesh too. Or freeze some for pumpkin pies or breads.

Kat
              I am a Southern Gal and Proud of it! Member of KCBS, ABA and OBR (SE Region).

Comment

Those look fantastic. Only question I have is does it make a difference which pumpkins do you buy? Here they have 2 types (or at least they are named differently) - Jack o lantern or Carving pumpkins (large) and Pie or Cooking pumpkins (small). The Carving pumpkins are pretty easy to get here and I've only seen Cooking pumpkins in one store in Colorado Springs.
                Alesia

MES40, Home built Vertical Propane Smoker with SFB

Comment

Working...
                X