Home Brew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Brew

Slanted requested. Alabama made it legal so after a 20 yr hiatus I'm back in the game.

Here's the Brown Ale

Here's the Holiday Ale (honey, orange peel, cloves, allspice, etc)

Last edited by Bama BBQ; 11-04-2013, 08:10 PM.
    ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

so this is a "from scratch" batch?? Mmmm!!!! sound good!! :)
    www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
      so this is a "from scratch" batch?? Mmmm!!!! sound good!! :)
      No. It's from an extract kit. I boil the water, add the malt extract, add the hops, pitch the yeast, ferment, add cane sugar after fermentation to bottle condition, and drink!
      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Looks nice!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Wort chillers really help... the quicker to cool the better the brew..and the less chance of infection. I miss brewing. But it IS a PITA. Sadly..the last batch I made ended up in the drain.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Cheers! Do like that...been years, way toooo many since I home brewed...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I used to brew a batch almost every weekend. I had kegs & did not bottle much. I had a fridge in the garage that had 4 kegs going for years. I don't know why but I lost interest & just stopped brewing. I sold my equip to a guy who brews a lot & shares. Looks like you have a nice set-up there.
              MES 30"
              A-Maze-N pellet smoker
              Weber 22" kettle
              E-Z-Que rotisserie
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Big Weber Gasser
              Cracker Smoker
              UDS

Comment

I took my first hydrometer reading on the Holiday Ale tonight. Of course, I have to drink the sample -- I can't put it back in the fermenter. It has a nice spicy taste. I look forward to the bottle conditioned carbonated beer that will be ready in a cpl weeks or so.

Still a little hazy in this sample:

Comment

Im not a beer drinker but that looks fun. My girl would kill me if i had that apparatus in the house. I cant drink anyways. It makes me break out in handcuffs!
                  sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                  Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                  Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Cool stuff! I did make a bit back in the late 80's and have been thinking aboot getting back into it since I discovered Belgian style Ales a few years back, but have yet to take the plunge. Looks like a cool setup ya got, and the beer looks good
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
                      Im not a beer drinker but that looks fun. My girl would kill me if i had that apparatus in the house. I cant drink anyways. It makes me break out in handcuffs!
                      Hahahahahhaaaaaaa! Me too!

I am envious that you are making your own. I wish I had someone to show me the ropes. I love a good home brew. I wanna sample that so bad right now!

Comment

Looking good there Bama
                        I'm no Gynecologist
                        But I'll take a look at it

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
                          Slanted requested. Alabama made it legal so after a 20 yr hiatus I'm back in the game.

Here's the Holiday Ale (honey, orange peel, cloves, allspice, etc)

Beer's ready:

Yum!

Comment

Nice ferm bucket. I was never sharp enough to install a petcock just above the sediment line. DOH!

I am taking a run at some apple/honey mead...bubbling away happily...
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Nice ferm bucket. I was never sharp enough to install a petcock just above the sediment line. DOH!

I am taking a run at some apple/honey mead...bubbling away happily...
                              Hmmmm, mead huh? Made a batch of Raspberry honey mead several years back. Conditioning in the carboy for I think over a year. When I went to move the carboy for bottling, I must have hit something as the whole bottom of the carboy fell out, spilling my hard work all over the floor

Used to brew allot myself, and then, just sorta got out of it. Still have all my equipment, some I never even used like my conical fermentation tank. Every now and then, I'll grab me a kit for a quick brew, but I really like going all grain.
                              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Working...
                              X