Bacon Skrimps, Scalops & Vegie Medly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon Skrimps, Scalops & Vegie Medly

We had a few friends over at the shore house this weekend, since they don't live too close to the coast, we did a seafood feast.

The main course was bacon wrapped shrimp, scallops seared with a sesame sauce, and a grilled veggie medley (I'm not sure the grilled clams even made it to the table...).

Started by par cooking some maple smoked bacon, so the shrimp wouldn't overcook while waiting for the bacon to get crispy.

Then wrapped some medium-ish shrimp, and skewered.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/IMG00234.jpg

Grilled them up (and you can see the pictures of the clams...so they did actually happen).

Done shrimps

All plated up

In hindsight, I'll only use a low-sodium, regular cut bacon, and only half a piece...it somewhat overpowered the shrimp...although it tasted good, it was a little too much bacon...I didn't have toothpicks, or I would have used them, and less bacon.
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Weber 22.5" Silver
    Weber Performer Platinum
    Smokey Mountain Gas Vertical Water Smoker
    Big Green Egg XL with iQue 110
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

...and I don't know what's worse, my ability to use photobucket, or my crappy camera...
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Weber 22.5" Silver
    Weber Performer Platinum
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice plate Carl. Sure it hit the spot!!!!!!!!!!!
      SCOTT

Comment

I would say its your ability to use a crappy camera!

Great attemp anyways, it sure made me hungry!
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
          I would say its your ability to use a crappy camera!

Great attemp anyways, it sure made me hungry!

I think he is using douglaslizard's camera...

No matter how bad the pics are the pic police wont bust your nuggets if you have them...

If you claim booze is the issue with bad pics.... That works best...

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            If you claim booze is the issue with bad pics.... That works best...

Yeah....that'll work!!.....IT WAS THE BOOZE, I TELL YA!!
            (that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)

Nice lookin' seafood, even if it is a lil fuzzy....;)

Comment

Excellent looking seafood (fuzzy pics).
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

don't use the chain saw while taking pics..might help.
                sea food rules smoked or not..here in the desert it is very hard to come by.
                sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

food looks great but you need to squint to see it clearly :-)

Try using the flash. Basically the camera is using too long an exposure, use the flash and back up a foot or so and it ought to sort itself out :-)

So tell me more about the clams, just thrown on the grill neat or was there some sort of sauce or preparation involved ?
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

FHC!
                    First, you seafood feast looks incredibly yummy, fuzzy and all!
                    Second check out photobucket, you can choose the size of your pix when you upload them pick 640 x 480 as a default size. As far as the blurry pix.. Im with Mr T.. it's the hootch!

Alex, I don't know about Carl's clams, but we do clams and oysters on the grill, just throw them off to one side and when they pop, they are done, I will also throw on the coals some soaked wood chips in tin foil and they get a wonderful smoke flavour (uk spell )

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice work. I have smoked scallops but not shrimp or clams. Another item to add to the to do list.
                      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                        food looks great but you need to squint to see it clearly :-)

Try using the flash. Basically the camera is using too long an exposure, use the flash and back up a foot or so and it ought to sort itself out :-)

So tell me more about the clams, just thrown on the grill neat or was there some sort of sauce or preparation involved ?
                        It's a cell phone camera...I never seem to have the $$$ SLR digital or half way decent point and shoot camera around when I'm cooking (which is probably a good thing).

The clams: We got little necks, and like BBGoddess said, just take them off when they open up (a good ways).

The ones we got were so fresh, that they didn't make it to the table, we just snacked them right off of the grill (and burnt our fingers willingly).

You however could serve them with a lemon wedge, and some butter...and maybe a little hot sauce - but IMO none of that was necessary...cause these clams were *awesome* just as they were.

We've been doing clams like this for as long as I can remember, but recently, I saw that (jackass) Bobby Flay put prosciutto on grilled clams...but, I'm not sure I'd agree with it. Cooked & Steamy clams, with room temp sliced prosciutto = Meh. Whatever, not like I have a cooking empire or anything like that...but at least I don't soak my chips.
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Weber 22.5" Silver
                        Weber Performer Platinum
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                        X