Pinworms in my tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinworms in my tomatoes

For every one I pick I throw one away! They bore into the fruit by the stem. I sprayed them Sunday with BT worm killer. Anything else I should do?

On a better note my cucumbers are going crazy. Burpless variety. You can see how large they are next to my lone jalapeno. I may have to cut them back. They are attaching themselves to everything.
    Keith

Check here..............http://davesgarden.com/

Comment

I have found with out poison, liquify the hottest peppers you can(of course you must strain). mix with water and a couple drops of dish soap(speader sticker) spray the plants. if it rains you must redo. works sweet for aphids also. unless your worms like heat. then chemicals.sigh
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I have gave up on my tomato's... I loose them every year to red spider mites.. And since big brother took away my kelthane... My matters blow.. I bet I dont put in one plant next year..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          I have gave up on my tomato's... I loose them every year to red spider mites.. And since big brother took away my kelthane... My matters blow.. I bet I dont put in one plant next year..
          Th I bet them mites would not like a dose of pepper heat either. give her a shot. what the heck. works around these parts.
          if your lucky some heat might bleed into the maters and salsa making will be easier.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

That's what I thought I was gonna be fighting is those red spider mites but they have not shown up. I have a lot of wasps which may be helping. The BT worm killer is not supposed to harm beneficial insects. Hope it kills those freakin worms.
            Keith

Comment

We have used insecticidal soaps and had good luck with them in the garden.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                We have used insecticidal soaps and had good luck with them in the garden.
                What was that old time stuff, Gunny...Fels Naptha Soap or something?? I remember that being used.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

You know, I'd call a local landscaper or garden store and ask for a horticulturist to help you with that. OR an extension service at a local University.
                  Can't hurt.

Good Luck
                  SKOL
                  V

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    What was that old time stuff, Gunny...Fels Naptha Soap or something?? I remember that being used.
                    Interesting, cuz it is the best stuff on stains....

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

If insecticidal soaps aren't working have tried 5% or 10% Sevin Dust? Regardless of what you use, you have to treat the bottom sides of the leaves or you are wasting your time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X