Holy CHEESUS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy CHEESUS!!!

Last batch of cheese for our holiday gift baskets. Next up Scarbelly's sweet and spicy nuts!

15 pounds tonight, total 60 pounds this year, we have lots if family and friends!

I take the five pound blocks and cut them into eighths.

Ready for the smoker. It's 31* outside. Using the 12" AMNTS with apple for this batch. More to follow.
    Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

GOSM, (4) Mini-WSM, Mini-ZA, UDS, 1967 Casa Q, StoveTec Rocket Stove, 12" & 18" AMNTS, (2) Mav ET732,
    iGrill Therm

That is some serious cheese....
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
      That is some serious cheese....
      I know! We used to do cheese, salmon, nuts, Bearcarvers caseless pepperoni. Got to be too expensive. So now it's cheese and nuts!!!
      Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

GOSM, (4) Mini-WSM, Mini-ZA, UDS, 1967 Casa Q, StoveTec Rocket Stove, 12" & 18" AMNTS, (2) Mav ET732,
      iGrill Therm

Comment

Hehe. I'm eating smoked dill Havarti and crackers as I type this. Make about 15 to 20 pounds in 8 oz. chunks just for Xmas. Afraid to calculate the total for a year.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
          Hehe. I'm eating smoked dill Havarti and crackers as I type this. Make about 15 to 20 pounds in 8 oz. chunks just for Xmas. Afraid to calculate the total for a year.
          It's the best, isn't it? Mmmmm Cheese!
          Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

I just bought some of this brand also, medium cheddar from Cash and Carry and smoked some on 11/11. Have yet to try it oot. Do you like it?

Gotta send the wife to Costco for some Tillamook for Christmas baskets.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              I just bought some of this brand also, medium cheddar from Cash and Carry and smoked some on 11/11. Have yet to try it oot. Do you like it?

Gotta send the wife to Costco for some Tillamook for Christmas baskets.
              It's not bad. It's what all our X-mass cheese is this year.

C&C here has the 5# brick of Tillamook Medium Cheddar cheaper than our Costco. Wish C&C had the Tillamook white cheddars, so good smoked!
              Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

Originally posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post
                It's not bad. It's what all our X-mass cheese is this year.

C&C here has the 5# brick of Tillamook Medium Cheddar cheaper than our Costco. Wish C&C had the Tillamook white cheddars, so good smoked!

I hit the CnC with roughly $31 in me pocket a while back and that brand was on sale, and fit into my budget that day. We had it with tacos and burgers and it was pretty good I thought

Tillamook IMO, for a regular priced +- cheese just cant be beat. Love it!

I have yet to smoke the White Cheddar from Tillamook. Thanks for the heads up
                sigpic

Comment

Ohh, can you say "Cheese Gromit, CHEESE!"

IF you haven't seen the vids about Wallace and Gromit and cheese, they are some of the most fun and entertaining Clay animations vids ever made.

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/

Kids from 5-12 just love these, and I have my old 3 pack of VCR tapes. Great, great stuff. Funny as hell.

Wallace would go to heaven with this thread, he is such a nice guy with amazing fun adventures. That is a mass of cheese for sure, I have to wait till Jan for my first cheese smoke.

Comment

Hmmmm Seems that I forgot to take an after the smoker picture!!!

I did take a photo of breakfast this morning. I know strange breakfast, but it is 15° out so this is what I fired up for me and the boys! Yes we used Smoked Tillamook Cheddar!

Smoked Cheesus Sandwees!!!! And tomater soup!

Yumm!!!
                    Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                      Ohh, can you say "Cheese Gromit, CHEESE!"

IF you haven't seen the vids about Wallace and Gromit and cheese, they are some of the most fun and entertaining Clay animations vids ever made.

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/

Kids from 5-12 just love these, and I have my old 3 pack of VCR tapes. Great, great stuff. Funny as hell.

Wallace would go to heaven with this thread, he is such a nice guy with amazing fun adventures. That is a mass of cheese for sure, I have to wait till Jan for my first cheese smoke.
                      Ahh yes my boys have watched those many times!
                      Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

All vac packed up and into the smoking fridge until Christmas!
                        Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

How long did you smoke them?!

Comment

Originally posted by V-DAWG View Post
                            How long did you smoke them?!
                            I smoked this batch for 4 hours. Was super cold outside. 15* at the end of the smoke!! I usually do 2-4 hours. Then rest a couple days and package. Then let it rest 2-3 weeks at least and even longer before cracking into it. We have cheese we smoked 8 months ago that we haven't tried yet.
                            Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

iGrill Therm

Comment

Working...
                            X