Clear All

• WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7D5J...ePrJqi99UX2NSQ
    G'Pa Herb's herbs
    KCBS CBJ CTC

Yoder YS640 w/black comp cart
    Custom made Chimney mount for Mavericks w/6' leads

Pictures of my "tool" http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=258

I love my Yoder too! Thanks for sharing!
    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
    Frogmats
    Maverick ET 732
    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Cool... guess he likes his Yoder too! Apparently made/paid for by All Things BBQ in Wichata, nice folks... they even carry the MH line :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Yoder's pellet smokers do make it easy!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Butt, that takes all the fun out of staying up all night and "feeding the beast"! There is something to be said aboot feeding a fire, learning your smoker and adjusting stuff to maintain the temps you want, and producing, from your knowledge of said cooking device, the quality of product you need.

Nothing against you pellet pooper fans for sure! If it works for you, then have at it! However, I was born from the loins of old school.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            Butt, that takes all the fun out of staying up all night and "feeding the beast"! There is something to be said aboot feeding a fire, learning your smoker and adjusting stuff to maintain the temps you want, and producing, from your knowledge of said cooking device, the quality of product you need.

Nothing against you pellet pooper fans for sure! If it works for you, then have at it! However, I was born from the loins of old school.
            it is a "set it and forget it" "crock pot" world in which we live
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

It may be convenient to "set and forget" but I actually enjoy hanging out by the smoker and tending it. Few beers, buddies will drop in, hangin out and relaxin.
              Charbroil American Gourmet Deluxe Offset

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post

Nothing against you pellet pooper fans for sure! If it works for you, then have at it! However, I was hatched from the loins of old school.
                There I fixed it fer ya.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  There I fixed it fer ya.
                  Hatched, born, let... don't much matter. You end up in the same place...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I really do enjoy the Yoder Pellet Smoker especially on long term cooks. The set and forget it philosophy is ideal for an old guy who really does not want to lose any sleep all night. And, the results on pork butt and brisket are outstanding.

I also own a Yoder stick burner, the Cheyenne model which is a traditional side firebox unit. I really do enjoy using this device for cooks in ranges from 5 to 7 hours. The aspect of personally manage air flow and fuel is a challenge and getting a great product like a nice roasted chicken or ribs is rewarding. But, my attention span is just so long and I really would not like to have to tend this unit for 20 hours to cook a brisket constantly attending it through dark hours. Not for me.

I do not have anything to prove that I am a macho cook because I tend a firebox for 20 hours. That effort has been replaced by the Yoder Pellet Smoker and it is a wonderful performer.

Ed
                    Yoder YS480
                    Yoder Cheyenne
                    Weber Kettle w/ Rotissieri
                    Kettlepizza

Comment

I have a Cookshack (set and forget it) and a Lang stick burner. The lang produces better product by far. It does take some tending to for the Lang for sure. This weekend I'm actually trying a "hot and fast" brisket ala Myron Mixon because I'm too old to stay up all night tending the fire. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Lang 36" Patio
                      Cookshack SM025
                      JennAire 45,000 btu with cast brass burners
                      Maverick ET732
                      Maverick ET7
                      A Maze N Tube Smoke generator

Comment

Originally posted by veryolddog View Post
                        I really do enjoy the Yoder Pellet Smoker especially on long term cooks. The set and forget it philosophy is ideal for an old guy who really does not want to lose any sleep all night. And, the results on pork butt and brisket are outstanding.

I also own a Yoder stick burner, the Cheyenne model which is a traditional side firebox unit. I really do enjoy using this device for cooks in ranges from 5 to 7 hours. The aspect of personally manage air flow and fuel is a challenge and getting a great product like a nice roasted chicken or ribs is rewarding. But, my attention span is just so long and I really would not like to have to tend this unit for 20 hours to cook a brisket constantly attending it through dark hours. Not for me.

I do not have anything to prove that I am a macho cook because I tend a firebox for 20 hours. That effort has been replaced by the Yoder Pellet Smoker and it is a wonderful performer.

Ed
                        I can't argue. And I try not to bust balls. And yes dba... given the time and the ... well..time...I have never topped anything out of my Lang on my WSM or other cookers. Then again..it only tends to get used for the larger cooks, obviously. I think the Weber kettle will kick it's ass on a dozen wings
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                        X