My Thursday Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thursday Brisket

well i had foot surgery yesterday nothing much....so being bored i thought i would do a brisket today instead of saturday like i planned...a 12lb der rubbed w/mustard and my rub all wrapped up

doing this on my gosm it doesn't fit the rack whole so i seperated the point from the flat...this should also make it cook a little faster

there been a lot of talk lately about doing brisket faster and at a higher temp so i thought i would give it a try.....doing this at about 275-290 range w/pecan & mesquite now since i cut it in half it will cook faster than whole...here it is at the 4 hr mark

ok let it go another 1.5 - 2 hrs and it is ready for foil...sitting at 170 internal on both
    flat

point

done at exactly 8 hrs from the time i put it on the rack...gotta admit not too bad for time on a 12lb but i did cut it in half....here the finish pics from being in the cooler for 4 hrs

close up pretty moist

also had time to do some twice smoked potatoes...smoked for awhile with the brisky and then scooped and added cheese , sour cream , deyhradted green onions and s & p....

all in all i would probably do this again but i still think lo & slo is better...again i think its a labor of love....hope you all enjoy my Thursday Brisket
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

You need to add some crispy bacon crumbled into your scooped out taters, along with the onions and cheese. Thats what I do for twice baked taters,
    Col. Big Guy

Comment

However you did it Mike, it looks like an excellent brisket! Thanks for the pics.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Man that's one good looking smoke! Everything is awesome bud.
        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Looks real good from this desk. Meal fit for a captain!
          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Nice looking brisket. The taters look good too.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Looks good!

Next time, slice across the grain for an even more tender product.

Comment

Originally posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
                Looks good!

Next time, slice across the grain for an even more tender product.
                Yeah, I thought it was just my computer...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

That brisket looks great, was there a difference in it by cooking at a higher temp?? tators look really tasty as well,,

Comment

2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Looks great Mikey!!!! You best ration them briskets ya only got 65lbs left!!!!

Comment

Rock On Mikey!....real nice! Take care of them feet. Louie is just now gettin to where she can walk really good from her surgery.
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                        X