Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Yoder makes smoke and can stain patio covers, who knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yoder makes smoke and can stain patio covers, who knew?

A few weeks ago my lovely wife noticed a bit of brown patina above the Yoder smoke stack on our lovely aluminum patio cover. I'm not rolling it out to the yard. It has a storage place 7' away next to all my instruments and pellet storage areas. And I'm lazy, don't want to move it that far. So, I got one of these and did some redneck engineering. You can see the patina on the patio cover in the first pic..........
    IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg
    Last edited by Conumdrum; 01-13-2014, 11:37 PM.

That'll work, but you may get a lot of condensation inside that extension. My brother did something similar with the Mini Maiden Cabinet that I gave him, and he said it was like a condenser for a still. It had a water pan inside it, however.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Found that out as well but good thing I was not to worried about it since it will be replaced next summer.
      The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Comment

Well it is wood smoke so that could be problem... Luckily I do not have a overhang where I keep mine... out in the elements... but I do put a cover on it when it is not in use...I am sure a bit o elbow grease will take care of that!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

He hee...Same thing happened to me...I got the look from Louie...we have enclosed that area & no more...so...I keep me uds & gosm in the garage...be aight...that's where the Natty fridge is!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thats classic! The things we do to quit their bitchin. Shes ok with the pipe?
            sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
            Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
            Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Yea, she's okay with 99% of everything. Not an issue, bless her, been together coming up on 30 years.

BBQ E, not an issue where I live, Las Vegas is very dry here.

Comment

Working...
              X