Smoked Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Meatloaf

Hey folks, this is my first ever smoked meatloaf so I thought I'd post some q-views , made the meatloaf at 7:30 am this morning and got it into my stick burner at around 9:30 , cause all my wood was wet from some heavy storms we had last night.

I'm using Maple leaf Lump charcoal as a base and Apple tree logs for my smoke

more pics to follow
    Attached Files
    if you have facebook, you can find me and some friends at the group called " Smoking meat low and slow" feel free to join us

Hey Don...long time no see! Nice stuff there eh!

Hey a semantics question: I wonder where it goes from meatloaf to fatty? I hear it does not have to be stuffed to be a fatty, altho I have never done an unstuffed one.

Eh..I have too much time on my hands this AM I guess!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

hmmm good question, to me a fatty is made with sausage and a meatloaf is hamberger, this meatloaf is actually stuffed with fruit chow chow , grated cheese and a half dozzen hard boiled eggs.
      to me the only difference between a fatty and a meatloaf is the meat and of course the fatty is wrapped with bacon
      if you have facebook, you can find me and some friends at the group called " Smoking meat low and slow" feel free to join us

Comment

Looks great. What's fruit chow chow?
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

just sitting and watching the TBS
          Attached Files

Comment

it's a type of Relish made with fruit

Comment

more q-views
              1 1/2 hours into the smoke
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey... it's slouching...don't let yer meatloaf!

(sorry... I said I had too much time on my hands today...;{) )
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks great Don! I'm all for smoked meatloaf (or smoked just about anything).
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

LOL Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to much time on your hands lol

Comment

Turned out great
                      but I only remembered the pictures after everyone had eaten lunch
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks mighty tasty. Brings back memories. My mom would put hard boiled eggs in the meatloaf. Good stuff.
                        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Ray you are the first person who has ever said that to me, your Mom and Mine musta learned to cook at the same place, cause nobody else seems to have ever heard of hard boiled eggs in a meatloaf :-)

Comment

Nice looking loaf Don... And its good to see you again.
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by DonO61 View Post
                              Ray you are the first person who has ever said that to me, your Mom and Mine musta learned to cook at the same place, cause nobody else seems to have ever heard of hard boiled eggs in a meatloaf :-)
                              Lol. We used to think that was the greastest thing. She would take this big dutch oven sort of thing and load it up with lord knows how many pounds of meatloaf mixture, a dozen hard boiled eggs, and throw it in the oven. We'd just dig a big scoop out. You get what you get. Friends would be over for dinner and give us this weird look when they saw the eggs. Most would go home and try and convince their moms to do it. But they always wanted to stay for dinner if my mom made meatloaf.
                              S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X