So of course...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So of course...

I have 5 pounds of prototype MH jerky waiting to dry, and no wattage to dry it. It's siting outside in the free cold air. Might be a freeze dried batch. "Yeah..I dried it at 30°"
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to fire up the Lang and have some of the neighbors over for meat and barley pops, while roasting marshmallows over the firebox....
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Sounds like a perfect opportunity to fire up the Lang and have some of the neighbors over for meat and barley pops, while roasting marshmallows over the firebox....
      If it were not Christmas..and company coming..I would.

This sucks. But I did get a hot shower in.

My office heater. Yes, a propane torch and a metal can radiator..
      Attached Files
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        If it were not Christmas..and company coming..I would.

This sucks. But I did get a hot shower in.

Why let a holiday get in the way of smoking meat and drinking?
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Be careful there Rich... somebody around here just might call you a redneck with a heater like that...

But hey if it works then let it go!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

it's the length of fuse running from the propane tank you need to worry about
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have 5 pounds of prototype MH jerky waiting to dry, and no wattage to dry it. It's siting outside in the free cold air. Might be a freeze dried batch. "Yeah..I dried it at 30°"
              Maybe that can be your niche in the market "Ice dried jerky". Hope you are fairing okay with your weather issues. Ours broke today, 43 deg. and wind to match. Nothing like a good chinook to let us know how ugly everything is under the snow.
              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
                Maybe that can be your niche in the market "Ice dried jerky". Hope you are fairing okay with your weather issues. Ours broke today, 43 deg. and wind to match. Nothing like a good chinook to let us know how ugly everything is under the snow.
                Indeed... Well..lucked out. Back up and running. Will keep the gen for a day just to be sure. Still alot of ice on branches...

Comment

Good to hear...being out of power always sucks.
                  Good One Heritage Oven
                  Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Glad your back up and running. Heck I barely made it to Kansas with my Stealth Mode Prius, now you got lights on everywhere.

I got my MH order, appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                      Glad your back up and running. Heck I barely made it to Kansas with my Stealth Mode Prius, now you got lights on everywhere.

The 2200 W Honda runs the perimeter system. That never went down. I just would have to manually apply a 9V battery to the Claymore ring.

Comment

60*F and rain, not an ice pellet in sight. I do have a bag of ice in the freezer for a soda later...

Glad to hear the power is back on stay safe.

so after making my original smart ass remark the "Gunner Dawg" told me he needed to go for a walk. 60*F and rain wasnt as much fun as i let it on to be
                        Last edited by crusty ol salt; 12-23-2013, 08:46 PM.
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Like that heater!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post

Ya know, that Lang would look pretty funny on the back of a Prius.
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                              Ya know, that Lang would look pretty funny on the back of a Prius.
                              Hah! Was shocked to see they make a hitch for the darn thing. What's the towing capacity? A kayak?

Guy down the block has one. Can't even make it down the street if it isn't plowed. Rich has nothing to worry about.
                              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                              New Braunfels Bandera
                              UniFlame Gas Grill
                              Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                              X