ton of Smoked chicken pot pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ton of Smoked chicken pot pie

Since I had the smoker going for prime rib on Christmas thought I would throw on some birds on with it.

Smoking some prime ribs, 2 chickens and some quail.

A ton of carrots, celery, onion, corn, peas and stock made form the smoked birds.

Sweating all the veg till soft.

Salt and pepper

Add the chicken and some Thyme.

Add chicken stock, cream, corn, peas and let simmer

Added a rue to get thicker.

the finished pie

The rest of the filling went into the freezer for later.
    Thanks for looking

John
    The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Love it!..... Good stuff for sure
    sigpic

Comment

Great idea to get the little one involved, Pot pie looks awesome (except for the peas)

Comment

So what I'm seeing here is the little one is REALLY the chef and you are just the picture taker

Homemade pot pie, LOVE IT!!!
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Thanks for sharing, the little ones helping is the best part... Pie looks Awesome... gona have to make one soon as we love pot pies here just never made them...
          God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
          Weber Performer Gold
          Masterbuilt 26" twins
          Big Chief Electric smoker
          Brinkmann barrel smoker
          LEM sausage stuffer
          Cabela's pro HD grinder
          Maverick ET-732
          ThermoWorks Thermapen
          GrillGrates

Comment

Yes the little one is the chef, I am just the sous chef.

This was the first time making pot pie. I was just going to make a little just to see how well it would turn out, but decided make a big pot of filling just it case it came out good we would have extra in the freezer. I was right it came out really good with just a hint of smoke not too much not to little. Surprising once you got everything ready it really easy.
            The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing.

YS-640

Comment

Working...
            X