Tryin a batch of Jalepeno Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryin a batch of Jalepeno Powder

My mom gave me her dads dehydrator. Figured I'd give it a try. Its an Aroma Dehydrator.

I made some ABT's the other day and the Jalepeno were pretty damn hot so i went back for more

Goin on the dehydrator for 4-6 hours

Cool.....I mean HOT...

Cant wait to see how ya like it...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

You are gonna really want a good, tight fitting dust mask/respirator when you go to grind them up.... Trust me on that one, you only do that once without....
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Tryin a batch of Jalepeno Powder

I made the mistake of not wearing a mask lol my nose burnt for a couple days lol

Comment

Oh wow. Thx for heads up. I wouldn't have worn one

Brad, ur Jal Salt inspired this. Can you share w/ me how u make it?

Comment

Looks good!

If you like those, you will like a thin walled pepper even better as far as finished product goes.
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

What kind Pete

Comment

Nice start TD, looking forward to the final results...
                God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                Weber Performer Gold
                Masterbuilt 26" twins
                Big Chief Electric smoker
                Brinkmann barrel smoker
                LEM sausage stuffer
                Cabela's pro HD grinder
                Maverick ET-732
                ThermoWorks Thermapen
                GrillGrates

Comment

Mask is a good idea..... PM me if you want a jalapeņo salt recipe
                  sigpic

Comment

You will love it. I made some a few months ago. I should have made more, it's about gone. Good on just about anything..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
                      What kind Pete
                      I usually grow my own. I love Thai Dragons but others work well like Cayenne, or Kung Pao. We can get Serrano's here at the store easily as well.

There are a few way to do it. First, I'll put them on some smoke. It really adds a lot of flavor:

or

After they sit on the smoke for 2-3 hours at 180°-200°, they got to the dehydrator.

After that, I just pull off the stems and run them through a coffee grinder.

There's another option if you don't want to grow them and it's much easier. I visit our local ES Asian stores every so often. I can get a huge bag of dried "chili" peppers for $5-7 which is so much easier than finding and growing them. I just run them through the grinder and they carry some great heat.
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                        You are gonna really want a good, tight fitting dust mask/respirator when you go to grind them up.... Trust me on that one, you only do that once without....
                        I made that mistake on a batch of habanero powder. Holy Hell did I suffer for a few hours. But it makes a great spice!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Mask is a good idea..... PM me if you want a jalapeņo salt recipe
                          I'm telling ya...Louie got a big ol brown grocery bag of Jalapenos...she was so proud...sliced em & started em cooking to can! Come home from the Air Force gig...she's outside hackin/coffin with the kids...Mike don't go in there...she told me... Aight got me chem gear/gas mask in the Jeep! Mask on & seal...in the kitchen & get that huge pot off the stove & outside...it took hours to clear the house so you could breath! Louie still canned em! and if you slice peppers...don't touch mr. wiggly
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                          X