Carne asada wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carne asada wraps

We done got on the "wrap" gig! We figured on doing some carne asada wrap or beef flap meet wrap. Beef flap meet marinated for 12 hours in a marinade the wife made.

Took each piece and put re fried beans, flour tortilla, cooked chorizo and cheese.

Rolled them up and bandaged with bacon as to seal the openings on the ends. On the ecb they go!

Off the ecb and rested. These we smoked over cherry and mesquite at 230* for about 2 hours. to an internal temp of 145*. No blow outs or spills

Cut in half.

My wife also makes up some killer creamed corn! I am a sucker for creamed corn...oh yeah!

On the plate waiting for the camera to click so I can dig in. These were tender and like an inside out burrito or something. Next time I think we will add some peppers of some sort. All in all very good and will do again....what can we wrap next???
    Thank you for checkin' out our smoke! Happy smokes to all y'all!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Another fine creation Ryan...looks awesome. Any chance of getting the marinade recipe?
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
      Another fine creation Ryan...looks awesome. Any chance of getting the marinade recipe?
      I apologize for not including the recipe in my original post. Couldn't findwhere the wife had put it But I got it now.

Carne asada marinade

3/4 c evoo
      4 tbs lime juice
      2 cloves garlic,finely chopped
      1 med onion coarsely chopped
      1/4 c chopped cilantro
      2 tbs chili powder
      1/4 c tequila
      salt and pepper to taste

Creamed corn

2 10 oz. packages of frozen corn, thawed
      1 c heavy cream
      1 tsp salt
      2 tbs sugar
      1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
      2 tbs butter
      1 c milk
      2 tbs all purpose flour
      1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese

in a skillet over med. heat, combine corn, cream,salt,sugar,pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour and stir into the corn mixture. Cook, stirring over med. heat until the mixture is thickened and the corn is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice...thanks for the recipes...
        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Holy Smokes my brother!
          What a great idea carne asada wrap... they look delicious!! And Billie's creamed corn recipe and all... it' my lucky day!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Looks great, thanks for the recipe
            Pete
            Large BGE
            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
            X