Broken Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Weber

OK thru my dumb assedness I broke one of the leg socket off my Weber. Now I'm wondering how I should fix it? I ripped out the socket the rivets and the section of the kettle where the socket and kettle meet. I can get 55 gal drums fairly easy and was thinking I could sit my kettle in the drum and cut air holes in the bottom of the drum and just do away with the legs. I'm gonna build a drum smoker also but I want to keep the Weber going without going through a lot rebuilding. Just my thoughts. I'm hoping somebody will have a better idea or some experience with this problem.
    sigpic
    Weber 22.5 kettle
    Smokin in the Smokies
    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
    Jerry

Ya know ,I think ya hit the nail on the head already with the barrel idea BUT
    I think if ya could find a 30 gal or like 25 gallon grease barrel paint it the same color as your cooker you would have one neat looking cool grill
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

I broke one of me old kettle's leg sockets off. Drilled and pop-riveted it back in place. Worked fine for years.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That's a bummer. There was someone who posted one sitting on a barrel. It might have been a craigslist ad. Not sure. Thought it was cool because it was at a better "user friendly" height. Be sure and post pics if you go that route.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
          Ya know ,I think ya hit the nail on the head already with the barrel idea BUT
          I think if ya could find a 30 gal or like 25 gallon grease barrel paint it the same color as your cooker you would have one neat looking cool grill
          The reason I was thinking a 55 gal barrel was I thought the kettle would sit down inside the drum and rest on the lip. I don't know what the diameter of the drum and the kettle are and if it will sit the way I want. If I go the drum route I was thinking that cold smoking would be a lot easier. Build a fire in the bottom of the drum and the kettle would be so high that you would just get smoke.
          sigpic
          Weber 22.5 kettle
          Smokin in the Smokies
          Jerry

Comment

I just went through this a couple months ago with all 3 leg sockets. We drilled them out and used small screws.
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Look at the date code on the vent and call Weber. They "may" warranty it for you..... I think there is like a 10 year rust through warranty. There customer service has been very fair with me.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                Look at the date code on the vent and call Weber. They "may" warranty it for you..... I think there is like a 10 year rust through warranty. There customer service has been very fair with me.
                Thanks mine is not 10 yet so i'll do that.
                sigpic
                Weber 22.5 kettle
                Smokin in the Smokies
                Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
                  Thanks mine is not 10 yet so i'll do that.
                  I'd be interested in their reply. Weber's cust service is known world wide and it will be interesting to find out their solution to the issue.
                  ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

or look at craigslist - forum members seem to get a lot of really cheap webers - some free :-)
                    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Re:

A friend of mine had this happen with a knock off of a Smokey Joe where the leg tore out. I took a couple fender washers a tapped around the center of the washers on a rubber mat with a ball peen hammer till they fit the contour of the kettle inside and outside. Put the thing back together and it was good as new. Being it has three legs it always sits like it's level and doesn't rock back and forth.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

I just got off the phone with weber and with the warranty and a few pics I'll be getting a new bowl for my weber. No fuss or anything. I'm very happy and want to say weber customer support is first class. so if you have a weber under 10 yrs old and it breaks due to rust weber will replace the broken part.
                        sigpic
                        Weber 22.5 kettle
                        Smokin in the Smokies
                        Jerry

Comment

They "helped" me rebuild my performer. I had to buy some incidentals and they would not change color, but I ordered on a Monday and had the parts on Wed.

Comment

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
                            I just got off the phone with weber and with the warranty and a few pics I'll be getting a new bowl for my weber. No fuss or anything. I'm very happy and want to say weber customer support is first class. so if you have a weber under 10 yrs old and it breaks due to rust weber will replace the broken part.
                            Wow!
                            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                            Weber Smokey Joe
                            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                            Pink Thermapen
                            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                              Wow!
                              Weber flat oot rocks! They have a rock solid platform that they stand behind, and a rock solid stand behind their customers satisfaction. How cool is that these daze...?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X