Cold Weather Enchiladas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather Enchiladas

I had vac'd up the leftover pulled chuck roast and put it in the freezer. Well, it was -13 Yesterday. Too cold to cook outside and had all these great ingredients in the fridge. Pulled it back out. Enchiladas!

Threw everything in but the kitchen sink. Onions, green chiles, black olives and mushrooms. Then I threw in the last of the salsa con quesa and a handful of mozzarella cheese. Some Smitty's made it in there too. Got a little overzealous with the green chile sauce. They were a little soggy. Should have waited for them to cool too. Difficult to plate. Might not have been the best enchiladas I've made, but it was really good on a cold day. I call it practice. Wanted a second, but needed room for dessert. IrishChef's maple syrup pie.

Thanks for checking it out.
    Attached Files
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

WOW!

Just throw it in and get it done ....... nice.
    South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
    Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
    Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

Slide me a Natty! Lets eat!!
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like comfort there!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks good to me! It's always a crapshoot when making something original. I'm sure the flavor was great!

I made frozen PP enchiladas too this weekend, found a nice smoked/roasted salsa verde sauce enchiladas at food.com. One of my fav meals, still trying to get it to a science.

I didn't take pics, the camera was all stumbling by the time it was done, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
            I had vac'd up the leftover pulled chuck roast and put it in the freezer. Well, it was -13 Yesterday. Too cold to cook outside and had all these great ingredients in the fridge. Pulled it back out. Enchiladas!

Threw everything in but the kitchen sink. Onions, green chiles, black olives and mushrooms. Then I threw in the last of the salsa con quesa and a handful of mozzarella cheese. Some Smitty's made it in there too. Got a little overzealous with the green chile sauce. They were a little soggy. Should have waited for them to cool too. Difficult to plate. Might not have been the best enchiladas I've made, but it was really good on a cold day. I call it practice. Wanted a second, but needed room for dessert. IrishChef's maple syrup pie.

Thanks for checking it out.
            OMG! Brother you are my hero. That there is a damn fine looking enchilada cook. I could really go for some of that right about now. Nicely done!
            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita
            Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
            Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
            Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Dang man, I see nothing wrong with that... I'd hit it!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Heck yea!
                I think I know what I'm making for dinner tonight!

sigpic
                BGE XL
                BGE Mini
                MAK 1 star #385
                Bradley OBS w/Mods
                Weber 22.5 WSM
                Weber 22.5 Kettle
                Pit Barrel Cooker
                La Caja China
                Mini-WSM

Comment

Working...