2 lemons, juiced
    2 limes, juiced
    2 oranges, juiced
    1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut to small dice,
    ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
    2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
    1 cup tomato, seeded and cut to small dice,
    1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut to small dice
    1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, plus leaves for garnish
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

You may notice and extra spice bowl at the bottom left, I added a few pinches of white pepper at the end. Not part of the recipe.....butt I like it!

Directions;

***All seafood to be frozen to -15 for at least 72 hours! Do Not use fresh water fish!

Defrost the seafood in the refrigerator.
    Cut shrimp into into .5” to .75” pieces (Match Scallops) and put in a medium-sized nonreactive bowl.
    Cut Mahi Mahi into into .5” to .75” pieces (Match Scallops) and put in a medium-sized nonreactive bowl.
    Add the scallops, lemon, lime and orange juices and stir in the cucumber, red onion and chiles. Refrigerate for 4 hours (or more).

Stir the tomatoes, avocado, chopped cilantro, and olive oil into the shrimp and scallop mixture. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then season to taste with kosher salt.

To serve, divide the ceviche between 6 chilled martini glasses, garnish with cilantro leaves.

Bon Appy!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Sounds good, never had it with olive oil? Is there a reason for the oil?
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

very nice... oh the fresh sea food....
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
          It kinda smoothes it out a bit. The citrus can get a bit tart.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGLOPEZ View Post
            Nice stuff Mark

BG... I'll wager the oil helps with geting the oil soluble flavors into the mix. Evening it out.. I'm wondring if a shot of lemon vodka installed at serving might be interesting?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Nice stuff Mark

BG... I'll wager the oil helps with geting the oil soluble flavors into the mix. Evening it out.. I'm wondring if a shot of lemon vodka installed at serving might be interesting?
              Installed in the cevichi or the diner?
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Bingo! Fine gig!...Nothing like a bull dolphin yarding that line out, Cat Daddy what a fight!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Never tried it before but I'll bet I would like that! Points for the fresh seafood.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    Installed in the cevichi or the diner?
                    Either I suppose. Or both?
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice Mark. I'm surprised you are using frozen seafood though, being in fla. and all. I was taught that if you can get fresh use that first, then use fresh frozen seafood that is dry, but to never use frozen shrimp.

Comment

I am a serious cevichi fan... Dat looks good Mark!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! And yeah, why frozen?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                          Nice Mark. I'm surprised you are using frozen seafood though, being in fla. and all. I was taught that if you can get fresh use that first, then use fresh frozen seafood that is dry, but to never use frozen shrimp.
                          It was fresh, you have to freeze it for 72 hours to kill parasites since it's not going to be cooked with heat, but with citrus juice.
                          As long as we're there, the reason for no freshwater fish is that the "bugs" in freshwater fish are not killed by freezing.

It is almost impossible to buy truly unfrozen shrimp, they are batch frozen on the boat before it ever makes it to port.
                          Also since I sometimes catch my own shrimp, you still want to freeze them before using them. The shells stick bad if they haven't been frozen, really hard to get off. Hard lesson learned on 5lbs of fresh caught boiled shrimp.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            It was fresh, you have to freeze it for 72 hours to kill parasites since it's not going to be cooked with heat, but with citrus juice.
                            As long as we're there, the reason for no freshwater fish is that the "bugs" in freshwater fish are not killed by freezing.

It is almost impossible to buy truly unfrozen shrimp, they are batch frozen on the boat before it ever makes it to port.
                            Also since I sometimes catch my own shrimp, you still want to freeze them before using them. The shells stick bad if they haven't been frozen, really hard to get off. Hard lesson learned on 5lbs of fresh caught boiled shrimp.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              I am a serious cevichi fan... Dat looks good Mark!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! And yeah, why frozen?
                              Same reason you should freeze fresh harvested game meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X