Broccoli beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broccoli beef

Not sure WTH to call this so we'll go with that. Sorry only a final pic. The dish came together fast and I was trying to feed the 13 month old. Can't wait till the wife is fully recovered from carpel tunnel surgery. Cause in a day and half Nolan has me exhausted. Here's the recipe I found
    1# round steak
    4 c broccoli
    Can of beef broth
    1/4 c flour
    2T sugar
    2T soy sauce
    1/4t ginger
    1 clove garlic

I doctored it up. Started sauteing an onion. Once that was starting to get tender cranked heat to high and dumped in some cubed smoked sirloin. Cooked for couple minutes. Tossed in the above ingredients. Then added oyster sauce, fish sauce, couple splashes of rice vinegar, and some sambel oelek. Simmered for 10 minutes and served over rice.

Next time I'll add mushrooms and cut back on the sambel oelek. A bit spicy but really good. Thanks for looking I'm off to put Nolan to bed and find something in the liquor cabinet.
    sigpic

I'd Hit That!
    sigpic

Comment

Looks damn good from here! We've been doing more oriental cooking lately too. Good stuff!
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

With a wife out of the action and a 13m old, woulda been Hamburger Helper and a veggie.

Comment

Excellent looking stir-fry! Sauce consistency looks really good. :thumbup:
          Good One Heritage Oven
          Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X