brine or dry cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brine or dry cure

Hey guys i did my cb with a dry cure with tenderquik. My question is how many of you use a brine over a dry cure. Why do you brine.
    Also feel free to shoot me your brine reciepes. I am going to do two loins in a few weeks. so am trying to plan out it and if i will change anything

Heres a good read... Im sure more will jump in on this subject...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I have only dry cured my CB. Also I have done both, dry and brine on hams. I liked the brine cured ham better although the dry cured was a hind 1/4 of venison.

Comment

I brine mine, 1 cup kosher salt,1 cup brown sugar, 20 cups water, cure#1 at the ratio of 1 tsp per 5# of meat and water. Let soak in the fridge coverd with brine for 10 days.I also some times inject the brine into the loins then i only let is sit for 7 days. Two options after 10 days, remove from brine drip dry and then roll in corn meal. You have peameal or back bacon. Or pat dry and smoke to an internal of 152 and you have canadian bacon.
        Col. Big Guy

Comment

so what beenfits do you reckon you get from brining over dry curing big guy - judging from your posts since you've been on here I figure you've probably got plenty experience of both.

So far I've only dry cured and am pretty happy with it, plus it's a lot less hassle than brining.

So what's the benefits of a brine ?
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thet both work well, but I have had dry cured products come out too salty, even after a soak and rince. Never had that problem with a wet cure.
            Col. Big Guy

Comment

Working...
            X