Granola-Peanut- Caramel Candy Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granola-Peanut- Caramel Candy Bars

Not sure what to call these, just some of my favorite things made into a candy bar. One thing I do is collect solid chocolate bunnies after Easter to use the rest of the year. They are usually around a dollar then. I also buy the Nestle's semi sweet chocolate chips right after a holiday because they are cheaper. Okay now to attempt come up with the recipe...

Granola-Peanut- Caramel Candy Bars

The filling
    2 cups of whole grain oat meal - Coconut works well too
    2 cups of raisins
    2 cups of salted peanuts
    1 cup of peanut butter
    1/4 honey (enough to hold it all together)

Mix this together in a bowl until well mixed and press it unto a well greased cookie pan mine are 17x12 or something with a 2 inch lip. You might want to line the pan with wax paper to make it easier to get them out later. I used foil but I think waxed paper would stick less. Make sure it is fairly smooth.

Caramel Recipe
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
    1 cup butter, cubed
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
    1) In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, corn syrup and 1 cup cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
    2) Slowly stir in remaining cream. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage), stirring frequently.
    4) Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until well mixed, about 5 minutes.
    5) Pour over filling evenly. Cool.
    This also makes great caramels poured into an empty sheet pan, cooled and cut into squares. Just wrap in wax paper.

The Chocolate Coating
    8 ounces of milk chocolate (I used two 4.5 oz. Bunnies)
    8ounces of Nestle's Semi Sweet chocolate chips

Melt together in a large bowl and mix together well. I use the microwave and turn it on for about 30 seconds at a time and mash it all together and keep doing this until well mixed. Spread over filling as quickly as possible to keep it from solidifying. I use the back of a spoon to do this. You could keep your oven warm (about 300 degrees) to help if you have a cold kitchen. Only put it in the oven for a few minutes or the filling with melt.

Once the chocolate hardens, remove from the pan relining the pan and flip to spread chocolate on the back side of the bars.

Cut into whatever sized bar you like and place in a cool place in a sealable container.

Smokers:
    ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
    SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
    River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

These look good as well, nice job. Good little snacks for the Grand kids when they come over, might have to try these. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Ohh...looks like Mom's developing quite the sweet tooth! Nice :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

where'd the caramel go ?

Tell you what though, with the calorie density of those you could sell them to mountaniers as survival bars
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

It's about 80% caramel!
          Smokers:
          ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
          SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
          River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

Comment

Originally posted by DeejayDebi View Post
            It's about 80% caramel!
            .....and 100% yummy!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Nice Job, Debi!!!

Never thought about that----Just told Mrs Bear to buy up a bunch of that left-over chocolate, after Easter. She agreed----She always buys the cheap leftover Marshmallow Peeps for like 10 cents for an 8 pack.

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
              X