Suggestion for good gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for good gas grill

Hey guys looking for some suggestions for a good gas grill. Need something not to big and just a grill no side burner. Thanks

How much grill space do you need? If not much, a Weber Q 2200 works great (the 3200 is bigger and might just work excellently). I also bought a 20 lb. propane tank and regulator hose for mine (for home use; for tailgating, the 1 lb. throw-aways work fine). I've also had a Weber Genesis that I could highly recommend. For less money, the Weber Spirit series is very good. I'd pass on the E-210 (I much prefer the ignition system in the other models), and go with the E-220 or E-320 (2 or 3 burners). Nice little gassers.

Webers are built like tanks. I can't recommend the Chinese knockoffs.
    Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
    ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
    Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
    Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Originally posted by SopchoppyTerrie View Post
      Hey guys looking for some suggestions for a good gas grill. Need something not to big and just a grill no side burner. Thanks
      Best bang for the buck is the Weber Genesis 330 with the side burner. When my existing grill finally rusts out completely, that is the one that I am going to replace it with. I plan on getting the SS Genesis 330. If you don't need the side burner, then the Weber Genesis 310 is your grill!
      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
      Frogmats
      Maverick ET 732
      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
        Best bang for the buck is the Weber Genesis 330 with the side burner. When my existing grill finally rusts out completely, that is the one that I am going to replace it with. I plan on getting the SS Genesis 330. If you don't need the side burner, then the Weber Genesis 310 is your grill!
        My ex-Genesis was a black E-330. Loved the extra (sear) burner! I called it my "ex-" because I lost it along with the house in Boulder County, CO to my ex. Beeaattch.

Pricey, but...I bought it from Amazon. I got 2-day Prime delivery to my garage floor for assembly! Plus, I got it before Amazon had to start collecting sales tax.

I mentioned the Spirit series for cost reasons. Me? I'd by another E-330 in a heartbeat if I ever need a full-size gasser again. In the meantime, my Q 220 works OK for what I need a gasser for.
        Yoder YS640, Weber Performer Platinum, Weber OTG, Weber Q220, Traeger BBQ125 Executive
        ThunderDome Vortex, Smokenator 1000, GrillGrates, A-Maze-N Tube Smoker (6" & 12")
        Weed Dragon Torch with Squeeze Valve (VT2-23SVC), Looftlighter, BernzOmatic High Intensity Torch Head (TS8000)
        Tappecue, Maverick ET-732 (x2), Maverick PT-100

SousVide Supreme, VacMaster VP112 (chamber), VacMaster Pro305 (suction)

Comment

Weber Q series would be a good starting place to look. They start with well built tailgating size units, and get larger from there...
          Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I second the Weber Genesis or if you can afford it the Weber Summit.
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

Ok guys looks like the weber will be the first thing I check out that has been everyone's choice. I will start looking at those and decide what I want and compare to anything else that I might find.

Comment

I have a Weber Summit 4-burner, nice grill but way overkill. Very expensive too. If you want one that's going to last, Weber for sure, no one makes a better one for the money and guarantee. I got away from gas grills a few years back, but some people have their reasons.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

my last weber lasted over 12 yrs. with constant use all year round. bought a cheap model from wally world because I don't do much gas cooking any more. BIG disappointment ! not only was temp hard to control an not very even across grilling surface. the D*** thing used ALOT of propane compared to the old weber. it has since been replaced with a weber. still don't use it much. mostly to cook outside with cast iron. or quick burgers.

Comment

I would look into the infrared ones. I don't use a gas grill but my parents got one last year and love it. No flare ups and it gets hot.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've have the Weber Genesis E310 going on 3 years now, best grill I ever purchased. No side burner which I found a waste. The new ones have the knobs in the front freeing up the side shelves, mine are on the right shelf.
                      ~Joe
                      Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis Copper E310
                      VacMaster Pro 260
                      2 Mavericks ET732
                      Blue Thermapen
                      6" & 12" AMNTS
                      Q-MATS
                      "Yoder YS Pellet Grills (Fan Page)" on Facebook

Comment

Another vote for Weber.... I gave away my 3 burner propane SS 2001 with a side burner to a friend & he's still using it..... I also have an older Weber Q that a friend is using that is like 11-12 years old & is still working & all original.
                        sigpic

Comment

Once you had a Weber you won't go back .... Bought my gasser in 99 and still going with a few minor bumps along the way that Weber took care of

Comment

Originally posted by dsgarner06 View Post
                            Personally..that side burner does come in handy, especially in the summer... relieving the house of some excess BTU's...
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I have the Weber "Q" 320. I mostly like it, because it's just me & the Mrs, but be warned, you can't burn half of it for something small like a few burgers or a pack of dogs, like you can with other gas grills. It has one burner that runs the whole circumference, and one that goes across the middle, so you have to light the whole thing all the time. I'd like it more if you could light the whole thing or just half!!

Bear
                              Last edited by Bearcarver; 02-25-2014, 02:34 PM.
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X